.19. beach

"Come on, slow ass!" James barked.

I slung my towel over my bare shoulder, throwing on my sunglasses. "Okay, dude! I'm going!" I huffed, following him out the door. "What, not going shirtless like me?" I chuckled walking next to him.

"I'd rather not." He stated briefly, adjusting his tank top. He only wore it because I bought it for him and wouldn't shut up until he put it on.

I entwined my fingers with his. "I love you."

"I love you too." He said as he opened the passenger door of the car for me.

I jokingly grabbed the ends of my invisible dress and curtsied.

He rolled his eyes, shutting the door after I got in and walking to the drivers side. "Joe and Trevor want me to pick them up."

"Who's Trevor?" I asked.

"He's a friend. You'll like him."

"Okay, I'll text my friend to meet us there then. Hopefully he doesn't bail like he did at the party again." I chuckled.

☆ミ☆彡☆ミ☆彡☆ミ☆彡

We pulled into the parking lot and I saw Aron was already standing there.

"Aron, you dickhead! You actually showed up this time." I said as I exited the car.

"Sorry, I fell asleep eating ramen noodles last time. Not my fault." He shrugged.

I chuckled, turning around. "Okay, so that's James, Joe, and Trevor." I pointed to all of them.

Aron gave a quick nod. "Nice to meet you."

I took off my flip flops, walking over the grass to the sand. I let out a satisfactory breath. Feeling the hot sand between your toes for the first time again after winter is honestly one of the best summer feelings.

And of course James' lips on my neck.

"Mh, enjoying the sand?" He asked, staring down at my wiggling toes.

I nodded, placing my hands on the ones around my waist. "Let's build a sandcastle." I suggested as Joe and Trevor set up the large umbrella at a spot in the sand.

"What are we, five?" James teased. I smacked my lips together, dragging him along as I walked towards our newly claimed spot of land.

"Come on, asshole. It'll be fun."

I lied my towel down, sitting on one side and patting the other. James sat next to me, already sweeping away a layer of sand. I began to do the same thing, flattening a spot in the middle.

"You gotta use the deeper sand because it's always colder and holds better." James said, scooping out a pile of the darker sand.

"I know this, dude. I used to be a sandcastle master." I smirked, starting the foundation.

"Oh yeah? Are we working together here or competing?"

I chuckled, beginning to build up the castle. "Together, asshole."

James dug a moat around what I was building, looking up as a child stood in front of us.

"Would you like to use my bucket and shovel?" She asked, a bright smile on her face. She tucked back a blond piece of hair, holding the items out to us.

"I would love to! Thank you, sweetheart. I'll be sure to bring these right back." He spoke sweetly, smiling in return.

She skipped back not to far to her parents, the two seemingly happy with her generosity.

I smiled widely, looking at James. "You're so good with kids, it's adorable."

He rolled his eyes, scooping sand into the bucket. He turned it over in the middle of the moat, patting the top of it. When he pulled it off, the castle luckily stayed together. He took a small flag from the sand next to him and placed it on top. "Perfect."

James got up, brushing sand off his swimming shorts before walking back over to the little girl. I saw him crouch down and thank her before handing her things back. He nodded and said something to the parents before making his way back over here.

He held his hand out to me, helping me up. "Alright, assholes. Let's swim!"

Aron shook his head. "No. It's probably cold, I don't want to go in there."

"Dude, it's like 100 degrees outside." James exaggerated.

Aron shook his head again. James rushed over to him and picked him up before he could get away. He began to sprint to the water, Aron hollering the whole time. James ran into the water with him, tossing him into it.

Me, Trevor and Joe all stood by and laughed. A few other people who noticed the commotion began to chuckle as well. Some just rolled their eyes.

"You fucker!" Aron huffed as he resurfaced, spitting water out.

James wheezed, looking over at us and motioning us over. I made my way into the water, staring down at the mini seashells. I hopped onto James' back, getting an idea.

"Joe or Aron, go on Trevor's back!" I told them.

"Oh, fuck that." Aron stepped back, allowing Joe to take this one.

Trevor stood in front of James as Joe hopped onto his back.

"Aron, do the countdown." James laughed.

Aron did the simple 3-2-1 go, and we were off. Joe started shoving me first, but I think I was stronger. I aimed for his shoulder and he fell backwards, bringing Trevor with him. I began to laugh, slightly losing my grip. Suddenly Aron pulled me down and I splashed underwater. I stood up, rubbing my nose.

"Fuck, dude, it got in my nose!" I whined.

Aron flipped me off with a smirk on his face. Now James was the only one who hadn't gone under.

"Your turn." I pointed at him.

"Okay, you're going with me." He said quickly as he picked me up, running further into the water. He let himself fall sideways with me in his arms. I stood up and wiped my eyes.

"Your hair is so cute." I chuckled, running my hand through the wet curls.

He breathed out a small laugh, grabbing my hand as we walked back to shore. "How did I get so lucky?"

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"I think it's a very rare thing, to find your soul mate. Usually they're on the other side of the planet. Usually you don't meet them. You never know how they look, how they sound. You don't know their name, their story. But me? I was lucky enough to find mine. To meet mine, to hear how they sound. To learn their story. And his name, Aleksandr Marchant."

I was speechless, to say the least. "J-James, I.." I paused. "I don't know what to say.."

He laughed awkwardly, turning his gaze from my eyes to the water. "Sorry, that's just been on my mind, sorry if I weirded you out or something.. I didn't mean to."

I shook my head. "No, no! Not at all! It was very beautiful, what you said, and.. I believe we are soul mates, honestly.. I've never felt such a connection with anyone as I do with you." I cut myself off. I didn't know how else to add to that. James is kind of spilling his feelings, so I'm trying my best to add to it.

James hugged me. "I'm happy I met you."

"I'm happy I met you too, James."

__________________