: Chapter 9: Fourteen years worth of news :

James felt weak. Voldemort tried to kill Harry three times after he'd died. That was too much to digest.

"When did all this start?" He decided on asking first.

"In Harry's first year. Sirius wasn't bluffing when he said that Harry was a brave lad. He had to face Voldemort in a host body in his first year, and survived. He faced Voldemort's memory in his second year and saved Ginny, Molly and Arthur's youngest daughter. In his fourth year, well, the year was very traumatic for him. He witnessed Voldemort's return," Remus said slowly.

"He WHAT?"

"Furthermore, he was forced to watch a friend die in front of his own eyes. But he escaped, but no one believes that Voldemort has risen again." Sirius added.

"Why ever not?"

"Fudge is minister James, and extremely corrupt, not to mention a coward. He simply would not accept it and titled Harry as an attention seeking liar and Albus as a, well, as a nutcase instead. He's grown fond of power now and if he accepts Voldemorts return, it will be more trouble than he's handled for fourteen years. He suspects that Dumbledore's plotting to overthrow him and likes to think of him as a deluded crackpot to console himself." Remus replied, handing him a copy of the Daily Prophet.

There was a picture of Harry in the front page. The article was titled- THE BOY WHO LIVED OR THE BOY WHO LIES?"

James's knuckles tightened in fury. How dare the ministry ridicule his son for saying the truth just because the Minister was scared?

Remus spoke quietly, "There is absolutely nothing we can do at the moment. We have to prove it. Without real evidence, Fudge will just wave it away."

"How is Harry taking it?"

Sirius sighed.

"Not very well. He tries to make it seem as if he doesn't care, but we can tell that it hurts him to be titled a liar. The students shun him, he only has Ron, Hermione and a few others with him who believes him at school."

James held his head in his hands and sighed. How he wished he could do something to help. He could imagine how much Harry was hurting because of this. Why couldn't he have a normal life?

"There are more things you should know, James," Kingsley said solemnly.

"Like what?" James asked, raising his head.

"Two dementors showed up at Little Whinging two months ago, near Harry's house."

"WHAT?" James stood up angrily. "Dementors are supposed to be under ministry control!"

"We know," Remus said, pulling him back to his seat. "We think that somebody from the Ministry sent them on purpose."

"On purpose? What exactly happened?"

"The dementors somehow arrived at Privet drive and attacked Harry and his cousin, Dudley. Harry cast a patronus charm to save his cousin from being kissed by one of them. Soon afterwards, he received a letter from the ministry stating that he was expelled-"

"WHAT?" James demanded for the third time.

"But Dumbledore managed to convince the Minister to allow him a hearing."

"But he shouldn't even need a hearing! Clause seven of the decree of under age magic states that an underage wizard can use magic in the case of emergencies!"

"Yes, we know. But Fudge has been looking for an excuse to expel Harry, we were lucky to be even consented a hearing."

"But he got off." said James with a pointed look.