Chapter 2 - Concern

Chapter 2  Concern

   Skyler has been released from the hospital; Allison has no more of those unusual symptoms; Liz has apologized to Allison about everything she's done wrong. Life seems perfect right?

   Perfect–...If only there was a meaning to that word...

Allison's POV

   "So, where do you want to go now, sweet-cheeks?" Skyler grabbed a hold of my waist and pulled me closer as we were walking out from one of the festival stands. I kinda felt embarrassed that he was getting all "love-dovey" in front of people–...but oh well. He's Skyler–...Who knows what goes in that mind of his. I shook my head and tried to get out of his grip. Of course, he wouldn't let go.

   "Skyler, I'm going to kick your ass if you don't let me go. Come on, let me go!" I shrieked, trying to kick him from behind. People and little children started staring at us as they passed, but the animal-entertainers sidetracked them. He just snickered a little, and finally lifted me on his shoulder. I slumped over, just giving up from the other times I've tried to get out of his grip. Geez. I'm so furious at him.

   "Hmph. You're finally not acting like I'm kidnapping you when I pick you up now, hm?" I just ignored him and let him do whatever he wanted. I was just tired and aggravated at the time. I wanted to go home and sleep finally.

   "You know everybody sees my ass right, Skyler?" I smiled deviously, and he put me down in a instant. He was blushing again. Heh, what a natural. I looked up at him, his cheeks were bright red on his pale skin. It made me laugh slightly, and I grabbed his hand, tugging it a little, urging him to move on. Skyler stayed silent after that. Apparently that's the legendary trick to make him stop grabbing me. Score one for me.

   Afterwhile we started heading home again; promising to each other that we wouldn't go off to another party like we did last time. We passed by people who gave us dirty looks and such, but we didn't care. I felt at peace with him around; I felt like I could trust him no matter what now. I mean– just look back to where he fought Richie. I felt like he could beat up those people anytime now. I mean– geez, Skyler, protective over me much? That's just another reason for me to love him, I suppose.

   "Are you feeling sick today?" Skyler asked me a little after we left the festival.

   "No, I told you the symptoms went away, Skyler."

   He's been so concerned about that after the few days of me telling him about the symptoms while he was in his coma. They went away though, so I was fine. He nodded and continued to walk right beside me.

   "Why are you so concerned about it?"

   "I'm–...not really sure. I've just had weird feelings about it ever since you told me. I've felt like it could've been fatal or something."

   "Oh. Well, there's nothing to worry about now, don't worry," I smiled slightly, squeezing his hand a little more. I gazed up at him; he and his snakebites gleamed in the street-lights as we passed by each one. He was just so magnetizing...Why did "Emo" and "Scene" guys have to be that way to me? It's so cruel; it brings me into states I can't even explain. Yet, I love it. I get butterflies in my stomach and I cannot control my giggling. To their spiked hair, to their exotic personalities, and other admirable things about them; it just brings me to a welcoming comfort zone, along with many zoned-out moments.

   "Interested in something, Princess?" Skyler made me freeze in my steps; I could feel my cheeks hurting and my eyes start to water. D-Damn you, observant. He smiled slightly and wiped away the tear starting to form. I sighed and looked to the ground, out of Skyler's eye-contact. I felt fingers under my chin, however, and then Skyler's snakebites on my bottom lip. I closed my eyes and went along. I was so embarrassed at the moment; I didn't really care what he'd do to me. He let go and started walking again, grabbing me by the hand and tugging it a little for me to get a move on.