Chapter 12 - Twisted Ways

Chapter 12  Twisted Ways

Allison's POV

   It's seemed like at least a week since I've woken up. This dream I had—it was so strange. I dreamed about Skyler and me being pummeled to the ground again. Isn't that just such a weird dream for me to have? Why would I dream of such horrid things?

   I've heard somewhere that whenever you dream of something, that's what your heart desires.

   I suppose it could be a myth—but I still have grown on that saying.

   Does myself dreaming about a fight make me want it to happen?

   I—sure hope not, but who knows. I may just be believing a myth. I'm sure if I told Skyler, he'd probably just laugh in my face and say I'm an idiot. Well, maybe not. He's never done that before—yet. Maybe things could change between now and then? Oh, what am I saying? Of course things will change. I mean—just look at us.

   We're lost in the middle of the woods.

   ...

   I suppose the Jocks just dropped our wounded bodies in the middle of the forest just for laughs. Myself waking up—completely bewildered and unaware of where we were. Trying to focus my eyes on the darkness surrounding me, I noticed the moonlight above. Lighting up areas where the branches weren't blocking the path above on the trees. I was leaned up against a tree. Grass was surrounding me, and so were other trees. Don't get me wrong, I was seemingly pretty cramped up. There was a little patch of grass ahead of me, however. Trying to get myself up and over there, I already figured out I was too beaten up to budge.

   No, I noticed something much worse than myself being too beaten up to budge. I was tied to the tree I was lying on. Feelings of panic and quick-thinking washed over my body.

   What was I to do?

   I couldn't just slip my hands free, they had doubled-knotted the rope on my wrists. I had no knife, so I knew I couldn't be cut free. Besides, how would I even reach the knife if I had one? This is just great. How was I going to get out of here? Trying to listen to any ambience, I heard some deep-toned voices—laughing. I heard the sounds of fists upon skin.

   "Why don't you just go kill yourself, faggot?!" One of the voices screamed.

   I could already conclude who it wasand who they were hitting.

   The Jocks...

   ...

   And Skyler.

   "Ha! Your girlfriend's lost in the woods, doofus! How do you think you're gonna find her?!"

   There was silence in return.

   "Why don't we just go and have some fun with her, shall we?"

   "N-No! D-Don't you dare go after her and do those twisted things to her!"

   Skyler's broken, torn-up voice replied.

   My heart was already sinking.

   "Or what, dumb ass? What are you gonna do about it?" They mocked him.

   Then there was the sound of a punch, and someone hit the ground.

   "Ah! The little faggot's finally picking a fight! Get em' Oliver!"

   With that, I heard more fists hitting skin, and eventually, another body hitting the ground.

   I—was glad I wasn't witnessing this with my own eyes. But, goodness my ears were screaming bloody murder.