Chapter 4

Travis's POV
I struggled against Val's grip. Ever since Conner and I told her we don't return the feelings she admitted having for us, she goes out of her way to convince other campers we're dating. I saw Katie walking away behind a strand of Val's red curls. "Val please, let me go."

In response, she squeezed me tighter. I heard a splat, and saw a bright yellow blob clinging to the back of her dress. She squealed and ran away with with her heels sinking into the sand.

Conner walked up to me, paint gun in hand. He dropped the paint gun and flexed, showing off his scrawny arms. "Saved by big brother yet again." He said.

I rolled my eyes. "Dude, I'm older than you!"

"You wish, little brother!"

"Whatever, we better get back in time for curfew. We only have an hour left to do the prank. Did you get the eggs!"

Conner nodded enthusiastically. He grinned and said, "Let's do this!"

Katie's POV
I ran inside my cabin, avoiding the eyes of my half sisters. I immediately went on my demiphone and checked Instagram. I liked Annabeth's post of her and Percy holding hands in front of a sunset, I wish I had a relationship like theirs.

My friend, and my half sister, Miranda, came up to and sat next to me. She opened her mouth to say something but was cut off by the screaming of Petunia, another one of my half sisters, I opened the door to my cabin and saw the Stolls putting eggshells in our garden.

I told Miranda to get Petunia inside. Campers gathered around our cabin, waiting to see the daily 'Katie yells at the Stolls' show. Instead of what they expected, me and my half siblings stayed calm and went back to whatever we were doing, completely ignoring the Stolls. I went back out towards the raspberries and picked them, eating a couple.

By the time I finished, the Stolls were gone. And my half siblings were grinning. I glanced at my watch and realized it was time for curfew. "Demeter Cabin! To the Dinning Hall!" I yelled at my cabin, and walked out.

Travis Stoll saw me and made a grab for my wrist, but I yanked it out of his grip and gave the best part of the mashed potatoes to Demeter before going back to the Demeter table.

Tonight was Capture the Flag, and I'm looking forward to kicking some Stoll butt.