I

»»————- ✼ ————-««

It's a beautiful day, Jungkook thinks. The weather was clear with the sapphire blue sky being dotted by fluffy white clouds. The radiant rays of sun reflect off Taehyung's hair which leaves his smooth locks glistening like honey.

Jungkook thinks that Taehyung looks gorgeous like this. Never mind that, the younger knows that Taehyung's looks never fails to render him speechless. The two boys were sitting together on their favorite park bench. Taehyung seems to be distracted by the small daisies he was holding delicately in his palms. He was whistling a soft tune, a song that Jungkook recognizes to be "My Happiness". It was a really old song. Jungkook doesn't listen to "oldies" obviously, but he knows a few of these songs because Taehyung enjoys listening to them. And well, naturally, Jungkook remembers everything about Taehyung.

It's a beautiful day but Jungkook doesn't know the terrible way it was going to end.

From the corner of his eye, Jungkook notices Taehyung place the daisies down before intertwining his hands together nervously. A shaky breath escapes from his parted lips which causes Jungkook to peer over. Jungkook's eyes explores the different parts of his face - the mole at the end of Taehyung's isosceles nose, the small mole on his lips and his long eyelashes. Jungkook wishes that he could kiss them.

"Jungkook," Taehyung finally starts, "I don't want to be friends with you anymore."

Jungkook freezes before narrowing his eyes suspiciously. Then, he lets out a small giggle and ruffles Taehyung's hair, "You need to improve your April Fools pranks, Taehyung!" He sighs, "Your jokes are always so lame."

Taehyung frowns, shoving Jungkook's hands off. The aggressiveness seems to startle him a little, though the wide, innocent smile never leaves his face. Jungkook was making this so difficult for Taehyung.

"I'm not joking."

There's silence. It seems as though Jungkook was waiting. Waiting for his best friend to erupt in laughter and yell, "Got you!" Just like he always does on every other April Fools they've spent together. But his mind suddenly starts to run in all sorts of directions. Does Taehyung actually mean it? As childish as both of them can be at times, they never joked about their friendship. Moreover, is this really the kind of prank a 14-year-old would pull?

"Why?"

Taehyung doesn't say anything.