Chapter 2

They say we are born to fulfill our destiny and lead others with our life as an example. But how true this statement is, I do not know. They say our actions will leave footsteps in the sand of time, but they forgot that the wind blows it away. So when there is no one to remember you and nothing to your name. Are you still going to waste your time trying to figure out what to do? After all, there is absolutely no reason.

"Good morning children! Rise and shine, it is too beautiful a day to be wasted. Besides there are some people who want to meet you."

She opened the windows and immediately the light blinded him. Bennett scowled, he wasn't used to people being so chirpy in the morning. In the Castro household, nobody woke up before noon, except the servants of course. They were paid to do their job and that meant being early because everybody else was always late.

Hailey was already gone and he thought he recognised the brunette from somewhere. Probably in another life, when he wasn't being so paranoid all the time. He was sure someone was watching him and the dancing shadows last night hadn't eased his fear.

By the time he descended downstairs, most of the food was already over. What was left were the ones filled with carbohydrates.

"Waiter! Where is my food?"

"Mr. Castro, it is right in front of you..."

"This?" 

He lifted a piece of burnt toast and assessed it from all angles before coming to the conclusion that absolutely nothing on this table looked edible. This day was turning out to be extremely frustrating and worst of all, it hadn't even started yet! He threw the food at the waiter and demanded a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice and an omelette before throwing a nasty glare which sent the poor guy scrambling to retrieve the newly placed order.

"Bennett Castro!"

"Alive and here, god woman why do you scream so much?" 

Jacqueline was surprised at the attitude shown. She had never been addressed so impudently before! But if she wanted to change him, she would have to work with him and that meant putting up with his temper tantrums.

"Kay Sterling, sweetheart do not cry, it's going to be alright." 

She dabbed the girl's eyes with her hand kerchief and sent her to the east wing of the mansion with a mentor who was pacifying the scared girl.

"Nicholas Evans?" 

He grunted in response and went back to playing on the PSP. 

"Logan Amick?" 

The boy couldn't stop fidgeting. He raised his hand and hid behind Hailey. He kept wiping his palms and searching for an escape. Clearly being in a crowd was frightening him but at least he held together. Maybe this wouldn't be so hard after all. She could work these children and provide them the love and support they never received.

"Julia Harper!" 

"She has gone to bed, Ms. Wilson. She looked exhausted, it seemed cruel to make her stay here."

Jacqueline nodded and gave the servant a file to be given to her mentor.

"Aiden Mattox?"

"That is Mr. Mattox to you, old woman! How dare you call me something like that, peasant?" 

Everyone gaped at his audacity before a glass of freshly made orange juice was accidentally spilled over his head.

"So, you are the new guy, everybody is talking about?" he said to Bennett.

The waiter realising his mistake ran away, leaving Bennett to take the blame. Aiden wasted no time in tackling the guy to the ground and punched his nose, causing blood to spurt onto the wooden floor. Hailey joined in on the fun and threw a boiled egg at Logan  while screaming "Food fight! Find cover!" 

Meanwhile, Bennett and Aiden were grappling on the floor and giving them company were a couple of spilt dishes including sour milk! Logan had already fainted and somebody had pulled him away from the fight and locked him up in his room. Nicholas and Hailey were at war, both sides stockpiling arms and ammunitions. They had managed to build a formidable fortress with chairs, cooking utensils and anything they could lay their hands on. And when the catapulting of the food started, the people who happened to get stuck in the cross -fire were very unfortunate! They massacred the floors, ceiling and walls, the dinning room was nigh unrecognisable!

Bennett and Aiden both bruised and battered by the food had taken a sudden disliking to the two responsible but despite having mutual enemies, their hatred for each other forced them to side separately. They hurled things at each other and cried battle slogans. The swore for retribution! And by the time the food was gone, it seemed like an eternity and the day had taken a worse turn than expected.

The servants staged a protest when asked to clean the room. The state of disarray alone was appalling. They left the children to fend for themselves. They were currently shooting daggers at each other with their eyes. If looks could kill, they would have saved many people from a a lot of headache.

"Never before in my entire existence have I seen such an ungrateful lot! If it doesn't work here for you, you will be sent to the psychiatric ward. I have a feeling you don't want that to happen."

"You don't look that young, but I will forgive you! Hand me this towel andI will show you how this is ought to be done. Come one, peasant, hurry up, I haven't got all day here," ordered Aiden. 

The others snickered softly. She handed each of them cleaning materials and assigned them work. She feared that they may rebel but surprisingly they remained silent and obedient, completely ashamed at the lack of composure they showcased. She realised it was going to be hard for them to let go, to forget the past and move on. But she had to help them, she couldn't fail them like she did with Alexia...

Two updates in a day! :)

So what do you guys think?

Vote! Comment! Fan! Until next time ;)