Chapter three

(Harry POV unless said so)

There is a boy, about the same age as me, sitting on the top of the slide. He's unmoving, his frown glued to his otherwise amazing face. He has slightly long white blonde hair that sweeps across his face, pale completion and ghostly blue eyes. I look at him in confusion- no one ever comes here. When the boy notices me, his frown grows and he stares at me for a while as well.

"Can you see me?" the boy says. I nod.

"Why? Shouldn't I be able to?"

"Not many people can see me. Only the others, but your not. I suppose you're special."

"I don't want to be special."

"Why not?"

"Everybody bullies me."

"I wouldn't bully you."

"Why?"

"You seem nice. My names Draco."

"I'm Harry." He slides down and sits on the swing next to mine.

"Why are you here, Harry?"

"To get away from my uncle."

"Why?" I hesitate, not sure whether I should tell a stranger my problems. "I'm sorry. You don't have to tell me." He makes as if to stand up.

"Wait. Don't go. My uncle, he hurt me."

"I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault."

"I suppose. But I'm still sorry." For a moment we just look at each other. "Harry?" He says eventually.

"Yes Draco?"

"Would you like to be my friend?"

"Of course!"

"You act like nobody's ever asked you that."

"Maybe because nobody has."

We talk for a long time, me on one swing, Draco on the other. We swing so when I am forward Draco is back, and we make it a game that we could only talk when they were both in the middle. I am so focused on the game I go too high and fall off. It hurts, but only for a second and only for a bit, before I burst out laughing. Draco jumps off, kneeling beside me.

"Are you alright?" he asked, worried. I roll over onto my back, looking up at Draco's concerned face.

"I'm fine." He smiles.

"Good."

"BOY!" a voice yells from across the road. I turn, to see Vernon, face red and fuming, hands clenched by his sides. "Come here!"

"I- I have to go..."

"Oh. Okay."

"I'll be back tomorrow, if I can get away. Bye, Draco."

"Bye Harry."

"Boy!" I scramble away. "What were you doing?"

"I was talking to Draco," I mumble.

"To who?"

"To Draco."

"There was no one there, you freak!" My cheek stings when my uncle slaps me. "Now, make dinner. And if it's burnt you'll get worse than a slap."

"Yes sir."

A/N Ayy sorry it's so short and took so long to update!! It's short because I just wanted to give you guys something... I'm a disputable human being