Web Of Deceit

WEB OF DECEIT
-L-RHYMIE

//Storm is coming but I don't mind//People are dying, I close my blinds// All that I know is I'm breathing now... I want to change the world instead III sleep/// I want to believe in more than you and me.. But all that I know is I'm breathing all I can do is keep breathing in all we can do is keep breathing now..//
Ingrid Michaelson tells me to keep breathing... I have to keep breathing it's a must as I prepare to lay my nana to rest the upcoming weekend I keep telling myself KEEP BREATHING. I'm the baby out of myself and my brother but I've always been the strongest, Lord knows I'm going to need all of my strenght. Returning to a small town I left like a theif in the night eight years ago. It had to be done I wouldn't dare bring my nana's name to shame. My nana's youngest sister Nancy took me in with open arms she even helped me take care of my situation. Let's be real just turning 15 and finding out you pregnant would scare anyone shitless anyway you look at it, its not a good look. Doesn't matter if you're an honor student with a 4.0 GPA what matters and what people talk about is the tea, being knocked up at that age by a middle age married man who is in law enforcement oh let's not forget he has four kids and one just so happens to be your best friend. As I zip my carry on and stand to exit the train I pray my skeletons stay zipped up as well.
"excuse me miss, you dropped this"
A polite stranger hands me my gray zebra scarf, my bag is still zipped not sure how it fell...Then I notice my bag has a hole in the bottom....AWWW SHIT!

Chapter 1-Lacy
"Hello, welcome to Eternal Resting Funeral Palor, do you have an appointment?"
I hate funeral homes and everything they stand for death sucks! I feel my migrain sneaking up already and I just barely walked through the double white doors. The navy blue water fall doesn't help calm my nerves, the one job that its suppose to its failing at it sorry Mr. waterfall do better. A shot of Sumatriptan is definitely in my near future.
"excuse me ma'am"
"oh yes, sorry my nana has an appointment I mean um she's dead...She is dead"
Whop there it is the breakdown, I knew it was coming nana my sweet Thelma Mae I wasn't ready 21 years with her wasnt enough! My moms passed during child birth so nana was the only mother I know, or knew fuck why nana, why?
"Get her a fan she needs some air"
I hear the voices but I can't bring myself to respond, the six years I spent away I wish I could take them back and do things differently. My guilt plus my pride wouldn't let me even though our weekly skype calls kept us in touch, I would give anything to sit and drink coffee at the table with her again...anything.
"Help her into the chair, ma'am can you talk what's your name?"
"Lacy....Lacy Wellington my grandmother is...was.. Thelma Mae Wellington"
"ok yes Moma Wellington beautiful lady with a beautiful soul, come on to the back so we can go over basic information preparing a funeral is alot of work physically and emotionally as well as stressful. But at Eternal Resting we go our best to reduce your stress"
We walk inbto this massive sie office with calming green drapes, spa music is lightly playing in the background. Luke did good picking out this place even though he hasn't showed up or answered my calls or text. I take a seat across the dark brown maghoney desk.
"let me formally introduce myself I'm Salt"
"Salt... like salt that you put in your food?"
"um yea exactly. Salt Mainor founder/owner of this establishment, I knew your grandmother personally Iuuse to cut her grass she was very fond of you. I'm going to miss thos twice a month Saturdays doing her yard work, she would have little lilly bring me her famous lemonade that stuff was amazing"
"yes! the kids on the block use to call it liquid gold"
"it was golden, truly golden"
We share a moment of silence or sorrow each in our own thoughts the grandfather clock in the far left corner ding dongs to let us know its the top of a new hour. It's hard to tell whose eyes hold more tears it's at this moment I see my jewel of a grandmother touched many many lifes.
"ok lets send Thelma Mae off the way the only way she would want... in class"
"Yes Salt, I agree"
I giggle becaise it's such an unusual name over the next forty five minutes I'm presented with different caskets, program layouts as well as floral arrangements with options for doves and butterflies.
"I know it's alot to take in Lacy so don't feel like you have to decide right now"
"it's ok, I know for sure I want the butterflies those were her favorite, then I want the ivory and lavender casket with gold trimmings.I'll take package ten on the floral arrangements"
"ok you summed that up quick and your brother already picked the plot"
"yea by papi, my grandfather we already knew that before time she said when the time came to bury her next to her second love, because God was her first. I'll go find her a suit and bring it back"
"that's already picked out....Lilly did it"
"oh, ok wow..where is she?"
with your brother, she is taking it pretty hard, like most kids tend to do"
"yea she was crazy about nana and nana loved her like she was blood"
After signing the paperwork and one of my nana's insurance policy checks, I gather my purse and prepare to leave.
"Lacy if you need anything a ear to listen, shoulder to cry on, or chest to punch feel free to reach out to me"
I nod my head while putting his card in my coach clutch, then he walks me back out to the spot where I had my breakdown.
"Salt thanks for everything your service and also looking after nana's yard she loved her yard"
"yes she did...wish we could have met under different circumstances but it's still a pleasure."
After saying our goodbyes, I had out to my Kia Sorento with Lilly on my mind. Since nana is no longer with us who is going to look after her foster daughter?
Chapter Two-Lucas/Luke
"Oh Oh Oh I'm bout to cum, you ready to catch this nut ma?"
She locks her jaws and applies pressure like a muthafucker. Imma start calling that ass drain no cause she knows how to unclog pipe like a PRO FESS SON NOL... Look at her, my toes curls as she swallows my sees bet daycare I never paid!.
"damn girl shit"
I lean against the dresser because I don't have the ful function of my legs. My chick would put super head to shame.
"I do what I can for my man"
She say between gargling her mouth wash in the ajorning bathroom.Seconds later she comes back with a warm wash cloth, baby stay on it a nigga still in the same spot. She wipes my balls like a mother taking care of her son she should know how shit she got four kids.
"Lucas we got to get ready to part ways your sister should be in town soon right?"
"damnit she probably here and mad because I didnt show up at the funeral home"
"she'll be ok just tell you couldnt deal with the formality part, you just picked out the plot yesterday didn't ypu?"
"how you know what me and Nita did any damn way? You're suppose to stay out of our business!"
"chill she told me, I didn't ask, I could care less about yall little love life"
"Aint nothing little about me and you of all people know that, hoes love to use the world little when they hating and shit"
"hoe?"
"Yea HOE...I said it"
"I'm going to let that slide due to your nana's recent passing"
"slide no need to let anything slide it's the truth you're married Rita you know that right?"
"Lucas don't start you knew that before this...this..whatever this is got started"
"Right so I'm in the wrong for catching feelings for a cunt"
"Get out...get...out...right...now"
She doesn't yell, she doesnt whisper, she speaks in a slow civilized tone. It's puzzling because I want emotion I want reactions, now I get nothing I can't see it but I know it's there. Her wall thickest wall I ever felt, I grab my jacket, keys and galaxy she doesnt even look at me as I walk to her bedroom door, the bedroom she shares with her husband. After exiting I gently close the white door that separets her room from the rest of her house. No bye, see you later nothing halfway down I hear a loud bang or thud whatever it is that she threw has knocked one of their wedding pictures off the wall. I walk into the kitchen so I can go through the side door that connects the garage to the outside world. In walks Mr. Wallace and my girlfriend of three years Nita. "Hey baby" We hug and I peck her lips, "How you doing son?" I shake Mr. Wallace's hand and he pulls me into a bear hug. He must reall feel bad for me because we've never hugged before and he has known me all my life!
"I'm ok well I'm dealing best I can, I just came to bring the printing paper by for her...um her..o..obituary"
"ok son no need to explain as long as you're dating my daughter our home doors are always open"
"Thank you Mr. Wallace my sister is going to write it out and I guess email it to you I'm not really sure"
"Lacy here?" Nita ask bvetween apple bites. To me the question is the dumbest I've heard today. Why wouldn't she come nana was her nana too! "Of course honey she might already be here WHOAH seventeen missed calls!"
"Seven are from me bae"
She's smacking on that apple somethingn serious and its bugging the fuck outta me. I hate smacking and when she eats it's like I can here every bite, crunch, and swallow.
"Lucas tell Lacy to email so we can set a time to get started on these, given the reason and all I want to give yall time to grieve but we also don't want to wait until the last minute"
"Yes sir, I understand I'm going to head out now I have the sitter with Lilly I need to get back before she wakes up. I'll call Lacy soon as I'm home before she puts a amber alert out on me"
I walk through the garage to my bike 07 Suzuki, as I'm strapping my bag down Nita wraps her arms aroud my waist and her tiny hands rest on my four pack. A nigga fit but I aint no gym rat.
"I love you baby"
"I love you too bunny"
"you know I hate that name"
"you'll always be my Nita bunny"
"ugh"
I turn around and look down at my small size angel, I love this girl I really do it started as a fling then evolved into a realationship. We aint perfect but we try, I kiss my bunny lightly but she deepens it and I find myself grabbing her fat ass. "Babe I'm horny and I need da d...BAD" She bites my ear lobe and grips my dick.
"whoah baby slow down, daddy got you tonight let me go chill with Lilly for a few and find Lacy once everyone settled and in bed we will take care of each other"
She walks backwards towards the house blowing kisses and making sex faces, as I'm back walking my bike to the start of the drive way I look up and catch Rita staring at me from the top bedroom balcony. We stare at each other all of five seconds before she turns to go back into the house. Not before I catch her wiping her eyes...Tears?
Chapter Three- Salt
Lacy Wellington still as beautiful as the day I first laid eyes on her eight years ago. I was a senior and she was a sophmore but taking junior classes. Because I failed eleventh grade lit I had to retake the damn class thank God I did because August 13, 2007 I laid eyes on my black barbie. Black as night but slick as oil, pearly white teeth and big brown doe eyes. Body man that body was beat by a goddess the goddes who invented the waist trainer cause baby put the word thicker than a snicker to shame.
"Salt I need the picture for widow Wellington so I can prepare my make up tray for her final appearance"
"file 362 I'm just finishng up on her, her granddaughter wants the very best so we need your best work Kelly"
"dont try me SALT I alwas do my best work"
"Mr.Raynard looked like casper the friendly ghost constipated! His make up was too light and you had his skin clip too tight like a botox job gone wrong. At Eternal Resting..."
"we provide a long lasting loving experience. To ensure you'll have a liffe time memory to cherish for eternity. I know, I know"
"so you know you need to step up Thelma Mae needs your A game"
"what's so special about her, I understand my work part but you did the consltation in your office. Hell you barely let me in your office!"
"shut up.. don't pry"
I get up walk to my cabinet, strap up, walk back to my desk anbd sit on the edge. "now come suck this dick" Kelly struts over, slowly squat down then take my tool and spit on it. The spit rolls down to the base, I know she trying to be slutty sexy but I aint feeling it.
"get up"
"huh.. what...why"
"dont question it get up"
She stands so we are face to face and I kiss her, she suprised I can tell I've never kissed her before. I pick her up and walk over to the sofa on the left side of my office, lay her down and do a trail of kisses from her lips down her neck to. My tongue plays a game called find the nipple, Kelly arches her back as I rotate between nibblikng and biting on her nipple. I know what she needs and my finger confirms its time to enter, I waist no time putting all of my 9 inches inside her warmth.
"Salt... I love you"
She stares into my eyes and professes her love and it's then I realize I'm playing a dangerous gae because I don't lover her but I need her. I done fucked up
Chapter Four-Lilly
"chocolate drop you know one day Nana wot be here"
I'm sitting between her legs and she's braiding my hair. She smells of bengay and gumdrops.
"yes ma'am..."
"but that doesn't mean I won't a;ways be in here"
She places her honey brown wrinkle hand on over my heart. I wanna cry because she my nana drop, who will take care of me? She would always tell me she was nana not moma. So when I started kindergarten but after being skipped to first grade because of my learning level. When the kids saw nana drop on mommy and me day and picked on me because she was sol old... I WAS READY.
"don't leave me soon"
"I don't plan on it but if I do be prepared but always know I'll guide you listen to your heart and keep God first"
"I will but nana drop who will take care of me. I don't want to go to foster care and Lucas's girlfriend be looking at me funny, Lacy is cool but she is in school just like me"
Don't worry what's meant to happen will happen, it's in the Lord's will just know you will be taken care of"
"but by who?"
"your mother"
I jolt awake screaming, I didn't even know I was sleeping it felt for real. My hello kitty teddy bear is soaked I get oout the bed to find Luke, he isnt in his room. But I hear the game going in the den.
""Hey black bean"
"hi"
"what's wrong?"
"bad dream"
"what are you suppose to say"
"for bad dreams?"
"yea...what nana use to say"
"bad dreams bad creams go away I don't want you in my way...bad dreams bad dreams disappear, I don't want you no way near"
"fill better?"
"no"
"just think of the good times, hey want hot dogs and fries"
"yes! with cheese"
" girl, you eat cheese on everything"
"i'll make lemonade"
"Nah black bean I'll never drink lemonade every again, no lady will be able to top nan' lemonade"
"I can... I know the recipe...she taught me"
"I don't believe you"
"I'll show you, you do the food, I got the drinks"
Luke goes in the kitchen, I follow and gget the things to make Nna's famous lemonade, pineapples (delmonte cannded) country time, one real lemon and sugar. I feel better now because I get to do something Nana taught me doesn't take luke long to fix dinner we sit oon the patio and I pour his glass.
"DAMN black bean...you aint lie...WOW"
"I told you! she like hers she taught me how to fold laundry and I would help her cook sometime so she gave it to me"
"tht's good maybe you can pass it down and teach Lacy"
"ok as long as she nice I never her like to her face, we only talked on the computre sometimes when she would call nana. She would always tell nana she coming to visit but never would I think it made nana sad"
"she don't mean no harm she just busy with grown up school, you'll like her"
"Luke...where am I going to go?"
"um well you can stay with me if you want don't worry your little head just know family will have you"
"okay"
We finish eating and drinking the pitcher of lemonade I made, a purple and green butterfly lands on my hand and I smile because green was nana's favorite color and purple is mine. She is still with me like she sad she would beZ!
Chapter Five-Nita
"will you be dining alone"
"no someone will be joining me if possible can I sit in the back"
"sure m'am no problem, this way"
I follow the hotess to the back of the resturant a chinese joint with the best friend chicken in town. I love coming here it's cheap and the food is amazing!
"will you like buffet today?"
"no thanx I'll have a Pepsi and my friend will have lemon with water, also I want the chicken wings meal no onions in my rice a side of cheese wontons. My friend wants the shrimp lo mein extra shimp and two egg rolls"
"ok chickon win no onion in rice rite, and lo mein shrimp extra shrimp two egg roll"
"yes perfect thank you"
She brings my drink back and I sip my pepsi and wait for my food and my visitor to kill time I pull out my I-PHONE and start strolling on facebook and the gram. I hear two chicks chatting and one is telling the other her worth is measure by the work of her vagina. Da hell they must be prostitutes.
"hey, sorry I'm late"
"it's kool the food is ordered should be here shortly"
"ok Lacy is here she came in today to pick the packages and stuff Salt took her into his office"
"ok and what does that have to do with anything we are doing"
"damn nita must you be so cold, something not right he never does that never"
"look I'm not trying to be insensitive I just want to make sure you stay focus and keep tabs on Lacy"
Our food arrives and we waist no time digging in, I feel like I havent ate all day enough food is never enough for me. I can EAT like really EAT I never gain a pound but moma always say it'll catch up with me eventually.
"why do I need to keep tabs on her why is she so important to everybody damn. Salt giving her special treatment, you off'd her grandmother just to get her back in town.."
"BITCH IS YOU STUPID OR IS YOU DUMB!!?, Don't ever let them words escape your mouth every again you hear me dumb ass you want to go to jail because you helped"
"sorry I just got upset"
"upset my ass, Orange is the New Black but it is not my color"
I aint even hungry no more I go inside my MK wallet and take out thirty dollars to cover the food. I get up and walk towards the front of the resturant leaving my guest looking dumb.
"Kelly"
"yes?""you know what I'm capable of, don't make me fuck you up"