Safe

[Riley's POV]

I sat on my bed, scrolling through Instagram. I double tapped photos as I went, commented on some of Maya's pictures. I heard a rustling, and glanced over at my bay window, just to see Lucas crawl through.
Oh, no.
I jumped up and dropped my phone onto my bed, preparing myself for what would come next.
"RILEY," Lucas yelled, stepping just inches away from me. "WHERE WERE YOU LAST NIGHT?" He was angry, just like he was every time this happened before.
"I was at Topanga's with Maya..." My voice was small. I inched backwards, frightened of what was to come.
"YOU KNOW THAT I HAD A BASEBALL GAME, AND THAT YOU WERE TO BE THERE!" Lucas screamed in my face, and suddenly his fist came pounding into my cheek. I lost my balance and fell to the ground, holding my face as the pain shot through it. I could barely speak. I felt a liquid in my mouth similar to the taste of metal. Blood. My left hand went up to my mouth, and blood engulfed it. I stood up, and Lucas shoved me onto my bed, slapping me multiple times on my face before throwing me to the ground.
"THE NEXT TIME YOU'RE NOT THERE, IT'LL BE WAY WORSE THAN THIS!" Lucas yelled, stomping over to my window and crawling out. I got up and went to my bathroom and looked in the mirror. Blood was smeared all over my face. My cheek was red and swelling. Pain shot through my entire head. There was a small scar on my forehead from where Lucas had hit me before. I started sobbing. Lucas had done this every time I missed one of his games, and I didn't understand why. He had used to be such a nice person. But I guess people change. I want to break up with him more than anything, but I'm afraid of what he'll do to me.

I cleaned up, and went back to sit on my bed. I sobbed some more. After a while I heard a rustling outside of my window.
Please don't let it be Lucas, please, don't let it be Lucas.
To my surprise, Farkle crawled through the window. He looked over to me and his normally happy, joyful expression turned into a sad, concerned one.
"Riles, what's wrong...?" Farkle dashed over to my bed and put his arm around me, comforting me.
"It's-it's L-Lucas, he hits me and h-hurts me." My voice was small as I cried into Farkle's arms.
"Riley, how long has this been going on?"
"A-a few weeks." I thought about everything Lucas had done.
"You need to break up with him, Riley, before something really bad happens." Farkle got up and gave me my phone. "Text him." He put my phone in my hands.
"But what if he h-hurts me..?" I cried harder.
"Riles, that won't happen. I'll protect you. I love you and I will make sure nothing happens to you."
I stopped sobbing just enough to speak.
"Wait, Farkle did you just say that you love me?" I looked Farkle in the eyes as I spoke.
"I know it isn't the best time for this, but yes, Riley, I love you, I've loved you since the first grade. I used to just say I loved you, but this time I mean it. I love you." Farkle looked at me. I didn't know how to respond. If this was the start of a relationship where we're more than friends, how do I know Farkle isn't going to end up hurting me?
"I love you too, Farkle, but how do I know that if we become something, you won't hurt me...?" I was scared for Farkle's reaction. He grabbed my face and kissed me, being gentle, trying not to hurt my cheek. I kissed back. Farkle pulled away and leaned his forehead against mine.
"I would never hurt you. Ever."

A/N: Hey guys! I hope you liked this one-shot! It's not the best, but I still hope you enjoy it!