Chapter 21

You shot up in the bed, breathing heavily, drenched in sweat, from the nightmare you just woke up from. You slid out of the warm bed and shivered as your bare feet touched the freezing wood floor. You sighed and walked to your bag and grabbed a pair of black and white, almost tie-dye looking jeans, a tight fitting grey shirt, and a black jacket with a hood. After putting those on including combat boots you quietly opened the door and walked into the hallway. You silently shut the door and bolted down the hallway, downstairs, and out the front door. Using the water you flew up and looked over the city. It was beautiful at night, but you knew about what happened on the streets in the Glades at night, which immediately ruined it. You looked below you and saw a familiar house. You cut the water and quickly started to free fall, you quickly caught yourself for a safe landing. When you landed in front of the house you ran to the door and pounded on it. You didn't care that it was about 1 in the morning, you wanted someone to get you answers about what was happening. You heard the old floor boards creak, and the door do the same as it was being pulled open. In front of you there was a man, tall, messy brown hair, green eyes with dark circles under them. Once he realized who you were he took a small step back.

"W-What the hell are you d-doing here?" He asks, moving behind the door.

"I need some help." You state, crossing your arms over your chest.

"You said you would leave me alone after the last time."

"Yeah well times change."

"A-Anyway, word h-had it you died."

"Yeah, well we are all dying, so they aren't wrong. Listen, all I need is some information."

"How much am I getting paid?" He asks getting out from behind the door.

"As much as I say." He raises an eyebrow at you. "Depends on how much information you get me."

"That's not very promising."

"We've worked together before, you know I won't rip you off."

"Yes you would."

"Yeah I would, but not on this it's to important." You say, uncrossing your arms, going to a more relaxed stance.

"Who do I need to get information about?" He asks.

"Harrison Wells." He nods. "I'll be back tomorrow night to get it. 24 hours, if you need more to bad, we don't have that much time. Tell no one. I find out you told someone, I hurt you. Got it?" He nods his head and quickly disappears back into the old house. You walk for a while, making sure you weren't being followed then you started flying back to Oliver's house.

When you got back you quietly walked back up towards your room. When you got to the door you noticed that it was slightly ajar. You carefully open it and see Barry sitting on your bed, in sweatpants and a t-shirt, nervously rubbing his hands together. He looks up when he hears you close the door when you enter the room.

"Where were you?" He asks quickly standing up and pulling you into a warm hug. "I woke up and you were gone." He says into your hair.

"Thanks for being worried about me, but 1) Why did you wake up at one in the morning and 2)Why did you come straight to my room?" You ask pulling back. He was silent for a while. "Barry you can tell me. I won't think you're a creep." You state, jokingly.

"It... it doesn't matter." He says, obviously forcing the smile he was giving you. "I'm just happy you are back." He says pulling you into another hug. You didn't want to keep pressing, even though you could tell he was keeping something from you.

"We should probably go back to bed or else we won't be able to do anything tomorrow." You say sadly, into his chest. Wishing to stay in this warm hug forever.

"I won't be able to go back to sleep." He quietly murmurs.

"Come here." You say pulling away from the hug, you take one of his hands and walk him to the bed. "I'm going to change, you can sleep in here tonight... if you're okay with that." You see Barry nod his head. You quickly go into the connecting bathroom and change into pajama shorts and a tank top. You walk back to the bedroom and get under the covers. You slide a little closer to Barry , leaving a good amount of space between you, but laid your head on his shoulder. "Goodnight." You whisper.

"Night" he quietly responds. After a while you have almost fallen asleep, but you can tell the Barry isn't going to sleep.

"Usually when someone says 'night' they go to sleep." You simply state.

"I know, I'll go to sleep once I know you've gone to sleep."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"Night."

"Night." After he says that you pause for a bit.

"Maybe 'night' can be our always." You say. "Too soon?"

"Yeah maybe." He responds.

"Night"

"Night" You close your eyes and fall asleep, knowing you're safe with Barry.