Chapter 31

After about two weeks you were almost back on your feet. On the 13th day you tried to stand when no one was there, and you almost collapsed. Thankfully you managed to drag yourself back onto the bed before a nurse walked in. A few days after that you had attempted to walk three other times with both Barry and a nurse in the room. You took a few more steps each day, but they wouldn't let you go home quite yet, and on top of that you were still on heavy pain killers. On the 17th day a strange man in blue scrubs and a white lab coat on top of the scrubs walked into the room with a nurse.

"{Y/N}, this is your surgeon Dr. Hall, he is just here to talk about some things then you should be good to go home today."

After the surgeon left, you gave Barry's hand a light squeeze. He had been there almost everyday with you, and he was the only one to visit you. You knew Oliver was somewhere, but you had no idea why he hadn't come to see you.

"I've just had a thought," you said, turning your head towards him.

"That's a first," he said, jokingly.

"Wow thanks," you responding, rolling your eyes, "I am probably most definitely fired from my job I never showed up to." You remembered your job at the art gallery (right?).

"Don't worry we will figure it out." He said, smiling at you.

"So, what happened to Wells?" You questioned.

"Oliver is holding him in the basement of his house." He stated with a straight face. You started laughing thinking that he was joking.

"Wait really?" You inquired, eyes widening.

"Yeah, he is handcuffed, duct taped, and tied to a chair. He isn't going anywhere," he said, giving your hand a reassuring squeeze.

"Can't wait to get one... or two.... or ten punches in," you stated in a dark tone.

"If there's any of him left. When I was there the other day he was beating the crap out of him."

When the time came that you could go home you were changed into jeans and a T-shirt, a nurse was wheeling you down the halls, while Barry was walking beside you. When you got to the door you shakily got to your feet, holing onto Barry's arm for support. You thanked the nurse and started walking through the parking lot. Once you were far enough away Barry picked you up and started running, only stopping when you got to Oliver's house. When he set you down you slowly opened the door and walked inside. The whole house had a depressing aura.

"Oliver I know you're here, your car is outside!" You yelled. You waited for a while and heard nothing. "Okay I'm going to steal it, bye!" You yelled again.

"I'm coming, relax," a muffled voice said from behind a door. After a few seconds Oliver came up from the basement.

"Is he down there." It was more of a statement than a question.

"Yes, but I don't think you should go down right now," he stated.

"Too bad," and with that you walked past him and went through the door he just came from. Carefully you approached the man who was just as Barry had said, handcuffed, duct taped, and tied to a chair. When you stopped a few feet away from him he looked at you.

"I see I didn't kill you," he almost spat the words.

"No you did kill me. I am a ghost here to haunt you for all of eternity and make your life a living Hell," you stated in the most serious tone you could muster.

"You try too hard to be funny."

"Yeah I know," you replied, crossing your arms over your chest. "The whole time I was in the hospital I was thinking of ways I could hurt you because I knew they wouldn't let you leave. Harrison Wells you are a malicious man," you started taking steps towards him, "I am going to drag you back to S.T.A.R. labs and put you in a cell that you are never going to leave. Enjoy your stay here because it's going to be a lot worse in S.T.A.R. labs," and with that you walked out, walking past Barry who was standing on the stairs and going straight up to your room. When you closed your bedroom door behind you, you went over to the bed and flopped down (but not really because you didn't want to hurt your healing wound). You let out a small groan when you heard someone knock on the door.

"What," you said into the bed. Then you heard the door open and close. "That didn't mean come in."

"Well to bad," Barry said,sitting down next to you. "I was half expecting you to go down there and kill him," he randomly stated.

"Wow, thanks for the blunt truth," you said, rolling over so you were staring at the ceiling.

"I'm proud of you. I am proud of the way you recovered, the way you faced Wells, and that you have complete control over your powers." He leaned down and planted a gentle kiss on your forehead, causing a smile to appear on your lips.

"Thank you kind sir. Would you like to go on a walk with me?"

"Yeah," he quickly responded. You were surprised that there was no hesitation in his voice. You quickly stood up and grabbed his hand in yours and started walking downstairs, not caring if Oliver saw you. You both walked in a comfortable silence around the property. You suddenly stopped and looked up realizing it was night. You could feel Barry looking at you, but didn't mind. You turned and looked at him, now holding both his hands.

"Thank you so much for everything. You have no idea how much you mean to me."

"Ditto," he replied, causing a light laugh to exit your body. You felt his hands leave yours and move to your waist so you moved your arms to his shoulders. You both leaned in and shared a sweet and gentle kiss. When you both pulled apart you noticed you had started to make it rain, but not a drop of the water touched either of you. In that moment when you were looking at him you knew everything would always be fine.

_______________________________________

A.N.- Hey guys!!!!!!! This is the final chapter of Flash x Reader! It is over, this is it and because I told myself I'd be honest with you guys I need to say that I cried while writing this. I know that it isn't that conclusive of an ending and that I could extend it, but I think that the way I wrote it, it wouldn't last much longer anyway. 

I really hope you all enjoyed this book and you can thank my friend @Scyfin for this book existing existing because she was the one who wanted me to write this fanfic. 

I will be editing it at some point, but right now I want to focus on writing other fanfics. I have a list of about 23 so... I'm going to be busy.

I'd like to thank you all for staying with me because this book took over a year to finish. 

Thank you all so much, happy belated holiday season.