We're Going on a Horcrux Hunt

Harry, Hermione, and Ron sat in a circle as they tried to think of ways to find the remaining Horcruxs. They already got the locket from Umbridge, but they had no idea how to destroy it.

They had no idea where or what they were. It was frustrating and destroying any hope they had at defeating Voldemort.

Hermione suddenly sat up and rushed over to their bags. The two boys watched perplexed as she grabbed Harry's and searched through the pockets.

"Umm Hermione?" Harry asked.

"Hmm."

"What are you doing?"

"I am trying....to find that.....blasted— Ah hah! Found it!"

She hurried over to the boys and placed a picture in front of them. It was of Tom Riddle and a darn-haired girl.

"We need to find her." she said, pointing at the girl in the picture.

Harry's eyes lit up then dimmed again.

"How? Nobody's seen her in almost sixty years."

Ron decided to add in his two cents.

"Umm who exactly is she?"

Hermione resisted the urge to facepalm. She remembered when Harry told her this, Ron was busy stuffing his face full of breakfast sausage and fried eggs!

Sensing Hermione's annoyance, Harry took over the explanation.

"Her name's Evangeline Whitney. While she was in Hogwarts, she and Tom Riddle were friends." he said.

"She probably knows him better then his most trusted followers. She probably knows how to find and destroy the Horcruxs!" Hermione exclaimed.

"Yes, but we have no idea where she is." Harry said, pointing out the major flaw in that plan.

Hermione adopted a guilty face, and Harry knew that he wouldn't like what she was about to say.

"Well we don't, but You-Know-Who or Tom Riddle might."

Harry couldn't believe what he was hearing. Hermione was always telling him to keep Voldemort out of his head, and now she was asking him to purposely dive into his mind.

"Alright, you're barmy. Come on Harry, lets try and find a sane plan to defeat You-Know-Who." Ron said, obviously ignorant to the steely glare that Hermione was sending in his direction.

Just as she opened her mouth to give Ron what was probably a seething tongue-lashing, Harry shocked them both.

"I'll do it."

He was honestly curious as to who Voldemort was when he was just Tom Riddle.

Hermione immediately began to tell him that he didn't have to and that it wa just an idea and that it might not work, but Harry was firm. He said that he would do it and so by Merlin he'd do it.

"Allright so I'm going to go take a nap. It's easier to see his memories when I'm asleep."

"Wait now?" Hermione said. It was her idea, but now that it's actually happening, she was nervous.

"No point to wait." Harry said. He stood up and made his way to his cot.

Hermione gulped, but nonetheless led a confused Ron out of the tent to give Harry some privacy.

Steeling himself, Harry closed his eyes and followed the link in his head to one of the most feared wizards in history.

It was a busy day at Kings Cross Station. There were juggles everywhere on the morning commute. Tom Riddle was getting a few odd looks from the people due to his age and the large trolly he was pushing.

The matron at Wool's Orphanage just left him there and he had no idea where to go. The ticket was no help. All it did was point him to a nonexistent train on a nonexistent platform.

His eyes began to water and he furiously wiped away the frustrated tears that trickled down his checks.

"Are you alright?"

Tom spun around to face the young girl behind him. She had long dark brown hair and bright blue eyes. She had a healthy tan that could only be achieved with hours out in the sun. What intrigued Tom the most though, was her large trolly that was nearly identical to his own.

"Umm yes I'm fine." He said loping down so that he didn't have to meet her eyes.

"Oh that's good. Is this your first year at Hogwarts as well?"

Without looking up, he nodded his head.

"Well I don't know anybody yet. Can I sit with you on the train?" she asked.

Tom looked at her in shock. Nobody ever wanted to sit with him. All the kids in the orphanage avoided him.

He enthusiastically nodded his head up and down. The girl giggled and told him how to get on the platform.

"You see the column between 9 and 10?" at his nod she continued. ''I know it seems odd, but you need to run through the column."

Tom looked at her like she was crazy.

She rolled her eyes and started running towards the column. Tom was about to shout at her to stop, but she reached the column. Instead of crashing into it like Tom thought she would, she disappeared.

He blinked and rubbed his eyes, but she was nowhere to be seen.

He took a deep breath and followed her through the column onto Platform nine and three quarters.

Once he made it through he looked around in amazement. Parents were saying goodbye to their children, there was a shiny red and black train, there were cages filled with toads, rats and cats.

The girls allowed him a moment to take everything in before drawing his attention.

"Come on! We need to get a compartment." she said, successfully snapping Tom out of his reverie.

As they walked towards the train the girl realized she had forgotten something.

"Oh how silly of me. My name's Evangeline Whitney, but you can call my Evan. What's your name."

*If you can't tell by now, I really don't like Ron Weasley