Online Dating

"Liam!" I repeated for the millionth time before he finally answered.

"What Abby?"

"I asked you where everyone was."

"I have no idea. Probably out back."

"And why aren't you with them?"

"I'm not feeling very good right now. Besides, I'm healing."

"From what?"

"I just had my heart broken Abby. I need time to fix myself."

"Look, Jessica wasn't right for you anyway. There are so many other girls out there for you. All you have to do is get up and find one. She could be so close right now and you wouldn't even know because you won't get off your butt."

"Maybe you're right. But how am I supposed to know if a girl is interested in me?" He asked as he sat up. I took a seat next to him and smiled.

"Easy. Just talk to a few girls you know, and by talk, I mean flirt. Maybe one will flirt back and voila. You'll have a love interest."

"Thanks Abby. I think I can do this."

"Good luck Li." I smiled and went out to find Emery and Ricky. Conveniently, they were outside with my sister, who I was also looking for. Ricky noticed me and waved like Naldo would in Best Friends Whenever.

"Hey Abby." He smiled as he tossed the football to Emery.

"Hi guys."

"What's wrong? You look a little down." He asked before he was hit with the ball. Emery laughed from where he was standing.

"I'm just a little upset that Liam's breakup is affecting him this much. He's a great guy and he needs to realize that he's got us to help him."

"We need to find him a girlfriend."

"I'll do it." My sister offered as she walked over to us. Emery followed and gave her a weird look.

"I don't think that would be the best idea." I said.

"Well what else do you have in mind?"

"I told him to flirt with a couple of girls and see if one flirted back."

"That's a pretty decent plan. Well, until he's labeled as a player for flirting with so many girls." Ricky sighed.

"Maybe we should try online dating." Emery smiled.

"Yes we should." Julianna mumbled as she stared at him. We all looked over at her weirdly. "Oh you meant for Liam. Okay. Let's make a profile for him."

"Shouldn't be too hard. Abby knows everything about him. She's a pro at this type of stuff." Ricky smiled.

"Well that's what friends are for. To remember things about you, just in case you forget."

"You're awesome." He chuckled.

"I know."

"Okay you two. We should get him out of the house for the day so Abby can set up his profile." Julianna suggested.

"Yeah. You two take Liam out for the day. I'll stay behind and help Abby." Ricky smiled.

"Sounds like a plan. Lets go Emery." She giggled and ran inside.

"Want to get started right away or do you wanna just hang out for a bit?" Ricky asked.

"Let's hang out and work on the profile at the same time. Maybe after, we can make one for Emery and Julianna too."

"Why? They're clearly meant to be." He laughed. It was true. Emery and Julianna had a more special connection than anyone I knew. Even Ricky and I didn't have as strong a connection, and we've been friends since he moved to L.A.

"I agree but if we make them each a profile, we can go on one of them and 'like' the other person."

"Oh I see. That way, they'll both know about their feelings. I knew there was a reason I wanted you as my friend."

"Is that the only reason?"

"No. I can be myself around you and you won't judge me. You're funny and wicked talented so it's easy to hang around you. You always have ways to entertain me."

"Thanks Ricky."

"No problem." He smiled and sat down beside me. I grabbed my computer and started setting up the profiles for my friends.

-3 Hours Later-

"Hey I just ordered pizza. Should be back by the time everyone gets back." Ricky smiled as he came into the living room. He looked up at the tv and took the seat next to me. I was watching Best Friends Whenever and he smiled. "You like this show?"

"Absolutely. The group reminds me of all of us in some ways."

"Who's your favorite?" He asked. Knowing that he played Naldo, I smirked and told him.

"I like Barry. He's so cute and smart."

"Well Naldo is adorable and funny."

"I know. Butt I like the nerds in tv shows."

"Awe."

"I'm kidding. Despite my love of tv nerds, I have to say Naldo is my favorite. You do a great job at playing him."

"Thank you." He chuckled. "I'm sure if you were on a show, you'd do a great job too. You might even be everybody's favorite."

"You think so?"

"Yeah. Why not? You'd definitely be my favorite character since you're already my favorite person."

"Awe Ricky. You're super cute."

"Oh I know." he smirked. His phone went off and he sighed. "Chloe wants to meet me somewhere."

"Didn't you guys break up?"

"Yeah but she's starting to cling to me and I'm not a mean person so I can't just tell her to go away."

"I can. Give me your phone for a second."

"Don't be mean to her or she'll get the world to turn against me."

"I would never let that happen. Besides, I'm gonna tell her it's me anyway."

"Wait." he smiled and typed on his phone. "I told her that I was hanging with you so hopefully she'll leave me alone now."

"Alright." I smiled "Hey, you wanna see if the others have any matches yet?"

"Absolutely." he smiled and handed me my laptop. I logged into the dating site and checked all the profiles. The one with the most matches was Emery, which was no surprise. I just felt bad for Liam. He had 25 matches and he was the whole reason we made these profiles, yet Emery had 42 matches.

"Do you think we should make profiles?"

"Oh god. Yes. Let's do this." he smiled and I quickly made our profiles.

~Later That Night~

"I'm going to bed. Goodnight Abby." Ricky smiled and headed up to bed, leaving me alone. I signed into my dating profile and looked at the people who matched with me. Weirdly enough, one of them was Ricky's co-star, Gus. He plays Barry and he's so freaking cute.

Just as I was about to click on the heart to match with him, I thought about Ricky and I wanted to check his profile out. So I cautiously clicked on his log in information to see all the people who "liked" him. One of them was Chloe. I know he'd hate me if I clicked match so I hit the X and looked through the rest.

After minutes of searching. I signed back into my profile and went to Ricky's age. My cursor hovered over the heart. If I were to "like" him, would he take it the wrong way and think I actually have feeligs for him? Screw it.

Click!