Summer is Ending

Song: If I Could Fly by One Direction

Mila POV

After Shawn left, all the tension from Luke's uptight body seemed to just disappear.  I chuckled when he exhaled after shutting the door and he shot me a goofy grin.  We walked back to the kitchen hand in hand.

Michael was in his element at my house.  He got along well with my dad and my mom, and they seemed to love him like he was their son.  Alex had come and gone, not making too much interest in to what was going on.  He had a party to go to anyways tonight. 

I sat on a bar stool and picked at the broccoli on the veggie tray from dinner while Luke scrolled on his phone intently.  His eyes were furrowed in focus and he was toying with his lip ring between his teeth.  I had to say that was the hottest thing he could ever do.

"Hey, Mila?" Luke asked quietly, wide-eyed.

"Yes, dear?" I chuckled and took his hand.

"Do you think that we could talk somewhere, uh, private?" He said nervously.  I nodded, eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I led him up to my room.

I took a seat on my bed and he sat next to me. We sat in silence for a few moments before he said anything.

"Mila, have you ever had feelings for Shawn?" He trembled, his face laced with worry.  I began to laugh loudly, bending over to hold my stomach as he chuckled awkwardly.

"No I have not.  Strictly friends." I assured him, rubbing his shoulders while he calmed down from his almost panic attack.

"Good." He said sharply, and he took my face and kissed me slowly.  I responded, completely taken by him and his goofy ways.  I ran my fingers through his hair and tugged at the ends. I could say, things were getting heated. 

I straddled his waist and kissed him deeply.  He responded and lifted me up by my thighs.  He held my up while I kissed his neck.  He groaned deeply with pleasure and I released my kiss to look into his eyes.

They were laced with lust and somehow, worry.  I traced his lips and smiled at him. He lied me back onto the bed and hovered over my body, making me giggle.

"What?" He chuckled.

"Nothing, you're just cute." I said.

He lied down next to me and cuddled up to where our foreheads were touching.  We lied there, nothing but breathing to be heard.  Our eyes were locked together and every so often, he would trace my lips and draw circles on my thigh.  I would chuckle because it would tickle and he would smile.

I ended up snuggling in his chest with the covers draped over us.  Even though nothing sexual was happening, or was going to happen, it was romantic, and peaceful.  He rubbed my back as I dozed on him, still half awake to make sure he wouldn't leave me there.

"School starts up soon." He whispered.

"Yeah, I know. We won't see each other as often." I sighed.

"Actually, I was thinking about registering to go to your school.  I need to finish my education anyways, since I dropped out in Australia." He mused.  I jumped up in excitement and straddled his waist. I gave him pecks all over his face as he laughed.

"I'm so happy right now!" I squealed and went back into the same position I was in before.

"Shouldn't you get some pajamas on?" He said, playing with my hair.

"No, I'm too comfy." I said, burying my face further into his chest. He ticked my ribs and I howled in laughter until I couldn't breathe.

"C'mon, Casey. Let's get you some night clothes." He said, pulling me out of bed. I giggled at the new nickname, but obliged to his demands.

I threw on some cute shorts and a tank top, making sure to fix myself while I was in the bathroom.  I brushed my teeth and walked out of the bathroom. Luke was lying in bed, still in his normal clothes.

"Aren't you going to but on some pajamas?" I said, cocking an eyebrow.

"I didn't think I was spending the night." He said, wide-eyed.  I laughed and walked out of the bedroom.

"What are you doing?" He yelled from inside.

"Asking permission for you to spend the night, boyfriend," I shouted. "In the meantime, get comfortable."  He mumbled an okay and I walked downstairs into the living room.  Michael and my parents were watching a soccer game.  They were hollering and cheering the team on, while my mom sat back and laughed.

"Hey guys." I said, sitting down on the sofa.

"Hey Mila. Wanna watch some football?" Michael questioned.

"Nah, not my thing.  I see Alex play it all the time," I mused. "Hey mom, dad, can Luke spend the night?"

"Sure, just use a condom." My mom replied.  Michael spit whatever he was drinking on the floor and my dad laughed hysterically.

"Thanks for the advice mom.  And that's my cue to leave," I chuckled. "Bye Michael."

He grabbed his coat and said goodbyes to my parents.  I hugged him goodbye and told him to text one of us when he gets home.  I dash upstairs were my goofy boyfriend is probably bored out of his mind.

I opened the door too soon, and an eruption of screams from both me and him echoed through the house. I slammed the door shut and pressed my back to it.  My face was bright red as my mom walked up the stairs.  She giggled and shut her bedroom door to sleep.

"Hey, um, you can come in now." Luke mumbled against the door.  I chuckled and swung it open.

"I guess we're even, Hemmings." I laughed and he chuckled along with me.  We crawled into bed, snuggled up against each other.

I was half asleep, and I guess Luke thought I was asleep, because he started whispering to me.

"I love you, Mila.  I just can't tell you yet because I'm not sure you feel the same way." He whispered against my hair.

My eyes shot open, and I responded.

"I love you too"

The End

I decided to end it like this because the timing seemed perfect.  They're happy.  That's how I wanted to end it. :)

Thanks for all of the support of this book.  I think it turned out amazingly, and thanks to your support, I have proof that it was good.

I love you guys very much, and again, thank you.

Rhiannon