Strings

I opened my eyes. For a moment everything felt fuzzy. And then everything came flashing back to me.

It felt like lightning had suddenly stricken me. At that moment I looked down. My clothes were still tattered and ripped, marked with all the struggles I'd gone through in the last few days. But I felt no pain. It was like I was... resurrected? Is the afterlife real?

Apparently so.

And at that realization I started soaring up into the clouds. It wasn't my will, something seemed to be pulling me there. I felt like someone's puppet, and yet at the same time I felt free.

Some unknown force, something that felt like a magnet, pulled me upwards. I went along with it, brushing my white hair out of my face to see the view in front of me better.

It was like some sort of screen, that was flashing every single moment of my life before me. Except it was as if I was living through everything again.

I saw everything through my eyes, felt every emotion. All the pain, relieve, love, sorrow, passed through my existence yet again.

And then when it finally ended with the moment I had died, my eyes flashed open. I was literally in space. I saw faded images of humanity's coming, from Lucy the ape to the destruction of No.6, all the wars in between. It was like traveling through time. I felt extremely overwhelmed yet relieved, with all these new findings flashing before me. It must have only been a few minutes, and yet I'd seen all of time play like a movie before my eyes.

Then it all ended, and I found myself standing on some sort of mirror-like flooring under a blue sky, dotted with clouds. It was warm, I could feel the sunshine warming my body. It was a pleasant sunshine. I closed my eyes for a few seconds, and opened them again.

This time, instead of only the reflected sky, I saw a figure.

A person.

No, not just some person.

You've probably guessed who it was by now, but I'll say it anyways.

"NEZUMI?!"

Yep, none other than the asshole that I loved so dearly.

I didn't even realize that I'd started sprinting towards his outspread arms until I'd jumped into his outspread arms.

"Huh, took you long enough." The man said, grinning. Even in a time like this he couldn't help himself.

Oh... you little! I slapped him in the face, hard.

"Hey, the hell was that for?" Nezumi complained, obviously a bit pissed.

"That's for making me walk across the burning desert when I was dying from some unknown sickness."

And then I kissed him passionately, brushing his grey-blue hair out of his eyes so I could look into them.

"And that's for being the best asshole boyfriend ever."