Prologue

Team: Year One
July 12th, 00:00
Gotham City

-Hello, Robin. I assume my transmission has gone through the Batman's systems. After all, it was your petty little partner who set up this little meeting of ours. She is so naive. I told her I had you in my grasp, and she believed me. She thinks I'm speaking with your precious Father to negotiate the terms of her ransom.

If you're wondering, no. I have not looked under her mask. I don't care about her. Oh, no. You see, it is you, little bird, who have peaked my interests. I want to know how the Bat of Gotham City got himself a young boy to do his dirty work. My guess is that you were only nine or ten when you began accompanying him on his nightly patrols.

I spotted you instantly, if you were wondering. Your bright red and green lit you up like Christmas compared to the black Bat. Why he let his sidekick do such a stupid thing, I'll never know. I don't care to know.

Don't get me wrong: I applaud the efforts you've made to protect your city. I just think your whole shenanigan is a vanity project. Think about it: how much better have you actually made this city?

Oh, who am I fooling? I know about your mini Justice League. Most do now, anyways.

But that is where your real work is done, on your team.

I do have a point to all this, don't worry.

I am willing to make a trade. As of right now, Covert will not receive any nourishment of any kind. I will not hesitate to use her as target practice. And I will subject her to ghastly tortures even the Joker couldn't dream of.

I will, however, consider keeping her alive if you meet me at the docks.

Tonight.

In two hours time.

I'll be waiting.-