Chapter 1

Shadowfeather - Hello, I want to know if you like this and if so. I'll write more of this story and this also goes to the other one that I also doing right now. But I would put another one up when I think of a character to write about. This is in fact one of my newest stories that I just made a few weeks ago. I hope you like this... :D

I open up my eyes, finding myself in the forest in the middle of nowhere. I start to look around and the worst is that I don't remember what happen or even how I got here. And to mention it, I don't even remember my own name at all. I look up and notice that it's snowing. I got up and started to walk. I don't even know where to go. Step by step, the snow was covering the ground and soon. My tracks. The wind is going wild and I was cold to the bone. I kept on moving even though my body was telling me to stop and sleep.

All I could hear is the wind. I felt like I shouldn't give up no matter what happens. Something was telling me keep going but I'm going into the unknown all I know. I'm not even wearing clothes that will keep me warm "I must have been out for a while..." I said to myself. A howl sound hit me. I could feel my body shaking fast then I was before. I turned around and notice a dog shape behind me. I stopped as it comes closer. I want to run but I told myself not to run.

It has black fur and red eyes. I took a step back as it started to growl. I turned and started to run "HELP ME!!" I yelled hoping someone will come and save me. I took a quick glace and it is chasing after me. When I turned back, a branch hit me in the face which caused me to fall backwards. It bite my shoulder and I screamed in pain "HELP ME!! ANYONE PLEASE!!" I scream. I started to punch it and yelling at it. After hitting it in the face a good five times. It let go.

I quickly got up and run leaving behind me a trail of blood "HELP ME PLEASE HELP ME!!" I screamed. I kept on running and running. I could hear it behind me. I asked myself how I end up like this. I couldn't see probably and tripped. I try to get up but it bite my left lag as is shake me around "HELP... Help me..." I didn't have enough energy to yell or fight back. It kept on going at me and I was in so much pain that I stopped screaming and accepted that it was the end.

My version started to go blurry and all I could see it as a black blur "GET AWAY!!" I heard a voice and saw a blue blur hit it with something. His voice is loud and rash. I wanted to run but I lay there watching him beat it up. I was shaking in fear. It ran off. He turned to me "Are you okay? It's okay... Your safe with me. Don't fear me." He said in a kind voice. I try to keep my eyes open as long as I can. He picked me up and carry me in his arms.

It's still snowing and I could see red snow behind us. I started to feel nice, warm and safe. I thought to myself about seeing the red snow "What's your name kid?" He said as he held me close. I wanted to tell him but I can't. He looks at me "Stay with me... You got to kee-"

I opened my eyes to see the ceiling. My head is hurting and I couldn't tell why. I try to remember what happen. I remember walking in the forest. A huge wolf and someone wearing a blue hoodie or jacket. I'm on a comfortable bed covered by a fur blankets. I lay there filled with my thoughts. I look to my right and notice a window. I sat up to take a look out. I see the forest in the distance. The sky is clear as if you can look through a glass cup. I notice some animals in the fields. They also look as if I never seen anything like those before. And now if I thought about, why do I feel like everything is odd to me. Then I smile, started to wonder if he brought me to his house.

I heard the open and I quickly turn with a smile "Hello... Thank you for sav-" I stopped as a old lady held a plate of food that looks a bit odd with some soup. She smiled and put my meal done beside me "You are awaken, finally..." She didn't look at me. I was about to ask her what's wrong but notice in the mirror beside the door that I have wolf ears. I turned to see a fluffy tail. I was shocked cause I didn't have these before. At least I know that.

"WHAT THE!?!" I screamed and try to pull them off of me like it was a huge prank or something. But I was wrong "Calm down young lady... I had to give you those so you may live..." I was still freaking out. She stumped towards me and smacked me across my face "Well you listen here! Youngsters these days!" I stopped and look at her "Finally you shut up..." She sighed. I wig my tail. and my ears were down as I was still a bit freaked out "Why... Why do I have... ears and a tail?"

"A young lad who lived in the forest drop you off... You were barely alive and you lost a lot of blood. I did this spell cause this is the only way that you may live... Now, what's your name?" I look at my hands. I try to remember my own name but couldn't "I- I don't remember anything but a blue hoodie." I told her but did not mention that I did remember the attack but I forgotten my past when I woke up in the forest.

"Oh, I see... I guess you must have got forgotten your own past, huh... Young lady, what am I suppose to call you?" My ears went up as I heard something. I looked at the door and notice a girl in her twenties or late teens. Her hair is pink with red eyes. I felt a bit unsure by the sight of her hair colour. Not to mention I don't remember my age "Grandmother is she a-" She notice me. She runs to me with a big smile "Your awake! What happen to you? Why did you went in those woods alone? Who was that mysterious guy? What's your name? Why your hair and eyes that colour?" I felt overwhelmed. I could ask the same questions but I just trying to think of answers.

"Stop asking questions that she doesn't remember!" The old lady said. The girl stopped and smiles "Sorry... I'm Kailyen and you?" That's her name "I don't know..." Kailyen look at me like I was kidding but soon she finally got it when I look at her in the eyes "Young lady forgotten everything but she only remember that lad who dropped her off here." I look at the window "He didn't he say that we should never go in the forest ever again."

"What do you mean?" I asked "That's right... You wouldn't remember our worlds past! Grandmother, tell the story of how the five great kingdoms came to be!" Kailyen said. I looked at her grandmother "Is it cause that's your favorite story of all time?" She asked "Yes! Who doesn't love the story!?!" Man, she is loud. It must be cause she has important things to say but maybe not now. Later on maybe.

"Long time ago, the land under us rise into the sky and was sent away from the great world where our kingdoms were once in... The kingdoms lands were sent to a world filled with water and no other land mass. The forbidden forest was here longer than the kingdoms... People from these kingdom went into the forest either they stay there and live in peace with the creatures who live in there or they will be killed and their bodies would be at the borderline of the Kingdoms lands and the forest." She stopped and looks at me "Only the ones with a strong soul, body, and mind dares goes in and lives." She looks at me.

"Only one person... The peacekeeper could go between the forest and kingdom lands... Birch was the only person who could make peace with those beast from the forest and the royal families. And those who met Birch says Birch has a huge kind heart, pure as gold, and befriend everyone he met." I could picture a great person who held his or her head high with a kind and friendly smile.

"But then came the war... The peacekeeper try to stop it but died cause one of the forest beast killed him when the kingdom's warriors were too late. No one could find Birch... But Birch's story will live on as long as we don't forget the peacekeeper's sacrifice." Kailyen was smiling "I wish I met Birch... But Birch never had kids... Right?" Her grandmother nodded her head. I look out the window "Birch... The peacekeeper... Sounds like this person was a true hero..." I said.

I look at the forest. My hair got in my face. My hair is short but it's black. All I could think is Birch "So... Wolf girl, what should I call you?" I turned to see her looking at me. The old lady was about to say something but I stopped her cause I know what they can call me "Call me... Call me, Wild."