Chapter Ten

The rest of our trip wasn't that exciting, to be honest. We mostly just walked around LA. Gajeel was still acting weird, and I was fed up. I would go yell at him, but that would probably make things worse. We were currently on the plane. I was looking out the window.

It was a beautiful day, the sky was a bright blue with barely any clouds. Gajeel was almost vomiting. I took a couple pictures of him, just to hold over his head. Whenever I did take a picture, he would always glare. I would just giggle and continue to take pictures. I knew he didn't have the strength to stop me.

Once we got off the plane, we parted ways. When I got my apartment I flopped on my bed. I dialed Lucy's number. Ring. Ring. Ring. 

"Hello?" Lucy asked. 

"Lucy-san!!" I said. 

"Levy-chan! How did the trip go?" She asked, excitedly. 

"It went pretty good. Except, Gajeel was acting weird ever since the book signing.....And I don't know why" I told her. "Awww, Levy. I'm sure he'll get over it soon. On a different note, how did the book signing go? I'm so sorry I couldn't come!" She said.

I told her about Amanda and how she put her phone number in the book and signed it. We talked for hours. Around 1:00 A.M. we decided to go to bed. I realized I had training tomorrow and I groaned. Even though my mind was everywhere, I managed to drift off to sleep.

*time skip to morning*

I woke up to my alarm. I swear that thing will be the end of me. Instead of sliding, to turn it off, I wanted to throw it across the room! But I decided against that plan. I think it would be best if I didn't break my phone. I turned my alarm off and sat up. I rubbed my eyes and scratched my head.

I lazily got up and went to the bathroom. I splashed some cold water on my face to wake myself up. I then got dressed in my usual, purple shorts and white shirt. I put my hair up in a messy bun and put a tight black headband to keep any hair from getting onto my face.

I grabbed my water bottle and phone, then headed out. Once I got into the training area, Makarov was already getting on my nerves. 

"Ok, Levy I need you to climb the ropes then jump over the obstacles," Makarov said, plainly. 

"Yes, sir," I replied, heading towards the ropes. It was the usual, tiring day.

The great thing was though, was that this was officially my last day of training. Tomorrow, I will be boarding the spaceship. I jumped with excitement. 

Once my training was done, I took a long drink of ice cold water. Makarov patted me on the back and said, "You're ready." I nodded and kept drinking. I looked at my phone and saw a notification.

Gajeel: When you get out of training can you meet me at the Oakwood Park? Under the cherry blossom tree.

Me: Sure! What time?

Gajeel: I'm already here so whenever you're ready

Me: Got it

I shoved my phone in my pocket and ran out of the training facility. I didn't want to keep him waiting so I ran to the train station. Once I got to my apartment, I took a very quick shower. I didn't want to but, I knew I smelled like sweat and garbage. Once I got out, I blow dried my hair. I threw on a sundress. It was blue with all different colored flowers all over it.

It went down to my knees. It was kind of like a tank top because there were only two, tiny, beaded straps. I put on a flowery headband and brown sandals. I grabbed my phone and rushed out of the apartment. Fortunately, Oakwood park was really close to where I lived so I could just walk there.

You could see the cherry blossom tree from miles away. That's how big it was. It stretched over most of the park, it was also beautiful during the sunset because the light shined through the flowers. It was dusk, so I knew it was going to be beautiful.

I saw Gajeel leaning on the tree trunk, looking at his hands. 

"Hey!" I said, panting. He quickly turned around. 

"H-Hi," He said. It wasn't like him to stutter. Something was wrong. 

"Ok so, I've been trying to tell you something for awhile now but I......I didn't have the courage to." He told me. 

"What could Gajeel Redfox possibly not have the courage to do?" I teased. He seemed to loosen up.

"I wanted to tell you that I.....I.....I'm in love you, Levy," Gajeel said. His words hit me like a ton of falling bricks. All coming at once. I love you too. That's what I wanted to say, but I couldn't. I was leaving tomorrow and I didn't want to complicate his life.

"Gajeel, you can't," I said. "But I do. I love you. I can't help it damn it!" He said, sternly. "Don't you see? I'm leaving tomorrow. Never to come back, and you decide to tell me!" I almost screamed. "What did you want me to do? Never tell you?" He asked, also almost screaming too.

"Yes! That would have made things way less hard." I told him. He looked hurt. 

"So, the problem is, you don't love me back?" He asked, sadly. 

"No! The problem is I DO love you!" I screamed. "Then stay." He said, softly. 

"I CAN'T!! I've been working my whole life for this and I can't just-" I was cut off by Gajeel's lips slamming into mine. All the frustration and anger melted away as I kissed him back. I didn't want to stop. But I knew, if I let it go any further, I would not be able to bring myself to stop. I pulled away, locked my eyes with his.

"Look, I got a job offer in Seattle. They have a mine full of iron and they want me to get it. I have tickets to leave on the plane at 1:00. But I will stay if you do too." He told me. 

"I can't," I said, breaking free of his embrace and running away. Tears filled my eyes as I ran. The world got blurrier and blurrier. I started to sob but kept running.

I ran to my apartment and slammed the door behind me. I laid on the bed and sobbed into a pillow. My grip was so tight, the fabric broke. "Gajeel!" I screamed into my pillow, then started to sob again.

-----------------------------
Hey everyone! Sorry for the sad ending! Please just bear with me, while I write the next chapter. Anyways, I've been studying all night because my Civics teacher is giving us a test tomorrow. Two days before the last day of school! *cries in corner* On a happier note, thank you guys for almost 200 reads! That's so awesome! Anyways, remember to vote and comment!