3 - let's make a band!

.

.

JENNA'S POV

.

.

.

The sound of rustling leaves woke me up, as I sat up, glancing at my alarm clock. I sighed, smoothing out the kurt cobain sticker that was slightly coming off.

It was 2AM, but thankfully I didn't have school tomorrow. I mean thank God, it was a Saturday.

I pick up my phone, shooting a text to Cara.

- dude let me come over

Cara - ITS 2AM, NEARLY 3

- and your point is??

Cara - okay fine. Come through the window, and bring your guitar.

- be there in five !!

.

It was definitely convenient, seeing she lived about two blocks down from my street.

Quietly slipping from my bed, I grab a random shirt from the floor and did a mini cheer when I realized it was my Green Day tee.

Yeah, I'm weird.

I slip into some sweatpants and quickly grab my guitar case before climbing out my window.

Otherwise, my mom would have murdered me if I was out this late..

Then again, it was a Friday night, so maybe she'd just slightly smack me. Wasn't so bad, really.

.

.

.

As I walk down the streets, I stop in my tracks, seeing a poster pinned up on one of the posts.

It caught my eye, obviously because it was literally neon yellow, and something that bright and eye catching couldn't be ignored.

"Huh." I mumbled in curiosity, narrowing my eyes to get a good look as I slowly walked up to it.

I clumsily fumbled with my phone, turning on the flashlight to get a closer look.

It read in bold letters,

BATTLE OF THE BANDS. THE ULTIMATE GIG OF YOUR DREAMS!

Does your band have what it takes to win the competition? Have you always wanted to rock a stage, maybe win an official record deal? Well join the competition for a chance to win, and bring the band with you!

Girls, boys, all are welcome to share the same passion for the punk generation!

And may the best band win...

1ST PLACE - $500 + A ONE YEAR RECORDING CONTRACT SIGNED WITH CAPITOL RECORDS

2ND PLACE - FREE CONCERT TICKETS OF YOUR CHOICE! + BACKSTAGE ACCESS!