.0.-Prologue

When It Began, Prologue

Running. I was running for the life of me that night. It was the night of October tenth. The day I was cursed with life. It was a dreary day. Rain never stopping. It was supposed to be a sunny day. But that was a lie. This day...it matched perfectly for what I felt. But I suppose that doesn't matter. I was the little demon brat. That's all that mattered to them-the villagers of this village. They are only concerned with the fact I breathe. Ever constantly showing-mocking them and their dead loved ones. That I the one they see as the Demon a demon fox to be specific is still living. In their domain, their village, their home...

Four years since that cursed day. The day that cursed me with life, cursed the village who only wanted peace with destruction, and killed so many lives that night the night that was supposed to be peaceful. They chased me with hate and fury. They always do. But on these nights. That were used to pay respects to those who died. They-the villagers and shinobi alike. Attacked like it was their duty-their mission to see me dead...

They wish me dead-yet...I can't seem to wish any violence to them. I don't want harm to come to them...Weird isn't it? They beat me, torture my small frail body, giving it barely enough food to function, curse me, glare at me, keep their children far away, they host so much hatred to my being. And yet I can't seem to form any hatred for them and their actions. Not in the slightest. I-a four year old who has been treated like dirt-like a foul little beast that's only needed dead. Doesn't want anything to happen to these cruel, cruel people. I lay their to take the beating. 

Maybe it's because I know, I understand why. The being that is tied to me. My prisoner. He destroyed so much that they cared for. That they don't care. Don't see that I am not him. That he is not me. They only see a demon hidden as a small boy. A small little boy that can't fight back. So with this they attack me with their hatred. They hit me with revenge for causing their grief. They silently plead for them to return with every glare they pierce my body with. They lose themselves with their mix of grief and hatred. Hatred that is all directed to that one entity. The entity that is tied-bound to me for the rest of my life.-

I skid to a stop.My small form inches away from a brick wall that ended this alleyway. 

A dead end...

My wide blue eyes dimmed. As I slowly turn to face the group of angry villagers and minor shinobi. 

As the rain beat down on our figures. Them smirking cruelly as I starred at them detached. 

"No where to run now you little demon!" One of the many yelled with a sneer. His lips curling to show his stained, cracked teeth. Their eyes all showing a promise of pain. 

Cruelty. Pain. Sadness. I can feel it. It burns my skin.

They unleashed their anger and sorrow. Beating me down constantly. Never allowing me to get up. Much less breathe. They on slaughtered my small weak form. I didn't make a single sound. The crimson liquid slipped through me onto the dirt road. One of them- a minor ninja Chunin at most- held a kunai sloppily. Aiming to kill me. I closed my eyes waiting for the pain. Only to find it never came.

What is going on now? Why is it taking so long for them to strike?

Peaking open one of my eyes hesitantly. I found another figure standing before me. This one though wore a white mask with a pattern of red flowing gracefully over the bone white. He wore armor that combined of whites, blacks, and grays.  He stood with his back turn towards me. Facing the villagers. 

"How dare you?!"

He questioned the group in anger. They looked as startled as I. They didn't understand what was happening much like I.

Why?

"How dare you harm a him-a four year old child?!"

He seethed in rage. Growling, a dark aura leaking through his being.

Why? Why is he helping me?

"How dare us?!"

One sqwaked in confusion and anger. 

"Why are you not helping us?! That-that thing is no boy! That is a damn demon! Can't you see that damn it?!!"

Another screeched.

The man-Anbu in front of me growled. And in a matter of seconds he bounded them all tightly with ninja wire all unconscious. 

Why is he doing this?

I felt tears guide themselves down my dirt and blood stained face. Making small streams. He turned to me. The dark aura that surrounded him gone. He bent down to his knees.

"Hey? Are you okay?"

He questioned softly. No hatred. No disgust. No dark intentions. Nothing. 

Why. Why? Why?! WHY?! WHY?!! WHY??!!!!

"Hey now. No need for tears. They ain't gonna hurt you anymore.-"

Why doesn't he hate me? I don't understand!...

"-See? Bad people are all tied up now. They can't get you. Much less move." 

His voice held a smile. Kind, and caring. Nothing cruel. Nothing that showed lies. 

I...I don't understand...

Tears continued to stream down my face. My vision started to blur. The adrenaline rush finally fading leaving me to the mercy of my scared mind.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The malnourished child finally succumbed to sleep. Leaving the Anbu the only one conscious. The silver headed man looked down at the blonde in sadness. With a tired sigh he picked up the four year old with no trouble. Just as he fully stood the alleyway was filled with other Anbu all out of breath.  "Is he alright Captain?" Cat questioned worry obvious in her voice. "Yes. But to make for certain I will take him to the hospital. Tiger. Hawk. Bear. Take these civilians and shinobi to the T&I department. The rest of you go back to patrolling." Dog ordered.

With varied forms of agreement they dispersed orderly going back to their posts, and routines. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you liked it!

Love, Kisacatdemon~