.4.

I don't own Naruto or the media

Enjoy!~

.4.

Dreams? Or Reality?

I hugged my dearest twin tighter. I didn't want her to ever leave. I've been alone in the depths of darkness to long. My tears fell in heavier streams. Please never leave me. I wouldn't be able to take it if I were left into that horrible sea of inky black. The sea of depression and loneliness. She seemed to no longer hold us both up any longer and so she fell to her knees, but our grip only tightened. We will never let each other go. We needed each other after the hell called life put us through.

"Nee-chan...nee-chan..." I called out sobbing happily, I have a sister! I'm not lonely anymore! "Yes naru-nii?" Her serene voice echoed, so soothing and comforting. It held worry and love in it. I looked up to her, my tears blurring my vision. Her short hair was messy and her bangs covered her entire right eye. Her sapphire eyes gleaming in worry and exhaustion. I smiled up with a beaming fake smile. I don't want to believe the words that I spoke. I wanted this all to be reality. Please nee-chan tell me this isn't a dream! And if it is only a dream created by my shattered mind lie to me! Tell me though it is not reality this can happen! That you are real and you'll never leave me in this forest of sorrowful shadows!

"I-if this is a d-d-dream...P-pl-please please- don't wake me up! I-I don't want you to leave! I don't want to be alone anymore!!" I pleaded. Don't be a dream I beg of you Kami! Give me this one thing in life! Please! I care not for power! I care not for fame or riches! Just take this loneliness away! Give me someone that can be by my side to help me stray away from the evil that is being alone!

And it seems the gods took pity on me. My one wish answered. "Naru-nii...This isn't a dream. And I will not just leave." She said other things besides that but I couldn't hear it was if I was dunk into a river, drowning, water rushing into my ears giving off a static ringing sound. Tears continued to flow from my cerulean orbs. She's real. My sister. She'll never leave me!

No! This isn't time for tears! I will no longer shed tears to the world like a depressed whinny brat! With her now in my cursed life I'm complete. The pain is gone and I have my very first friend!

'That is right young Uzumaki. Your sister will never leave you. She has needed you as much as you needed her. Now lay thy head and allow your memories to return young one...' The voice of a woman echoed. So soothing it lulled him to sleep. He dug his head deeper into his sister's stomach, tears stopping, and fell into a peaceful deep slumber. The sweet calming scent of his twin wafting into his nose acting as if a drug. It kept him there. A sleep blank nothing but a black ocean. But it was soft, it was warm and fuzzy. It was a comforting silence. Destroying the horrendous static that plagued him.

And then they returned. His memories. Who he was. What he was. A jinchurriki. A human sacrifice. But that wasn't all he was. He is a genius that hides his mind in the shadowy depths. To not be seen to the outside world to gain the trust of this village. Calculating and recording. But there was more. So so much more. He is the son of the fourth. He knew not who his mother was yet. But he will find out soon. Not for just him but for his dearest tortured sister as well. He remembered that encounter so long ago. She, laying on a cold metallic table, crimson blood flowing like rivers from her. Her eyes dulled as if not even feeling the pain.

He will never allow harm to come to his precious people. Not to his jiji, not to Inu-san or any of the kind Anbu, not to the father-daughter ramen stand owners, and definitely never to his twin. He will become stronger and stronger to protect them all. To shield them from the pain this world has to give. That was why his dream is to be of the Kage. As Hokage he can protect this village and within it his precious people. His family will never have the fortune of feeling the evil that hides in human skin. Never to go hungry or homeless. To never feel the aching pain of loneliness that will consume your being.

~Kisacatdemon~

p.s. Sorry it was so short. I promise the next chapter will be 1,000 words or above that!