nine; the cuddle nest

TEXTS BETWEEN: mine and queen livvy

queen livvy: bb i had to go meet w/ alec so im sorry i had to leave the cuddle nest.

mine: im so cold now

queen livvy: listen, i'm gonna come back now. we can cuddle for a bit before we have to meet with hodge.

mine: it's fine. i'm getting dressed now.

queen livvy: i'm in my pjs still, but i'm in now.

Olivia opened the door to her room, surprised to see Isabelle standing near the door as well. The blonde rolled her eyes as she watched her change from her peripheral vision. She glanced off, pulling a strappy black dress out and finally getting dressed in it. She turned, one strap still hanging off the side as she caught Isabelle's eye. She slowly pulled it up with a smirk, catching the way Isabelle looked away quickly.

"Sorry for leaving earlier, I promised Alec we could talk. He is very annoyed with Clary and Jace. I think they're cute but in a tragic way." She said, putting on a layer of light pink lipstick and grinned in the mirror at Isabelle. "Like a Romeo and Juliet or a Bonnie and Clyde." She paused before snapping. "I got it! They're like Annette and Sebastian!" Isabelle shot her a confused look. "From the 1999 classic Cruel Intentions? C'mon have you never seen it?"

"No...?" Isabelle said confusedly and a smirk slipped onto Olivia's face like an old friend.

"Interesting." After a moment of silence and the girls walking, she spoke again. "So that group chat last night?"

"Don't get me started on that. Why didn't you speak up?"

"Jess and I used to be close friends in high school but we haven't talked. I figured everyone else should chat first." Isabelle nodded and as they approached Hodge, they laced fingers almost anxiously.

"Where's mundie?"

"Left," Alec said from where he stood. "Hodge just told us that we need to find Magnus before Valentine does." Her close friend gave her a once-over. "Are you wearing that to a party?"

"Duh, asshat." The quick way Olivia jumped at him made him crack a slight smirk. "I didn't get dolled up for nothing."

"Wait we're going to a party?" Isabelle finally asked.

"Yeah, princess. Wanna get ready?" Her 'friend' asked, her arm wrapping around her waist to kiss her on the cheek. Isabelle nodded, smiling brightly as the couple made their way through the hallways back to the room they loved so dearly. And so as Olivia watched the beautiful Isabelle change into a skimpier dress, she couldn't help but realize why it was so hard to understand what she felt.

Isabelle was an enigma, she was a princess to her female friend but at the same time, she could be a bitch. Maybe that was the appeal that was in this shadowhunter. She shook her head quickly, eyes widening when she noticed that Isabelle was staring back at her. She felt a sting of embarrassment but it disappeared as she hid a smile and began to walk again.

"Are you okay?" Isabelle worriedly asked and Olivia nodded. She stopped in the middle of the empty hallway, however, waiting for Isabelle to follow suit. When she did, Olivia cupped Isabelle's face in her hands, kissing her with such passion that when they pulled back, Isabelle instinctively moved to kiss her once more. But their lips didn't touch once more, rather their foreheads.

"I'm perfect, princess. I just wanted you to know that you're mine. My..." There seemed to be a moment of resistance. "My g-girlfriend." She stuttered out and Isabelle turned pink at the thought of it.

The two were not to be known as the girls who had defied the Institute's standards. Instead, they were to be known as the girls who kicked ass and made out a little bit while doing it.