twelve ; the fall

[hey quick thing! the face claim has been changed to taylor momsen because i saw some gifs of her and i realized she is more how i picture olivia who is very dear to me <3]

No one had even seen Olivia within the last few days. She appeared to be waiting, watching, wanting, or possibly even wishing for a change in attitude. Yet nobody could get through to the hidden blonde who was only allowing access to two people. One of which was the girl that her brother was smitten with and the other was her brother. Not even Isabelle was allowed to see the monster that she had unknowingly created. Inside, the girl was staring at the shards of her mirror with a dead look. She didn't feel the anger of the prior days. She felt at peace.

Lydia Branwell was here and that was an issue for Olivia. For Carson had appeared to have fallen deeply for the girl who was all work no play, and her brother was in a 'work but play' mindset all the time. Quite a shame considering she was the first person Carson told Olivia about. As sad as it sounds Olivia always felt like the afterthought to Carson's actions. Especially those of the most recent years. Neither of them had been good siblings but that didn't change her view on him. He was her brother and they would always have each other. 

The girl's deep thoughts were interrupted by the knock on the door of her room. As the door quietly opened to reveal the pretty professional Lydia and Carson approaching where she sat on her bed with a blank look.

"You must be Liv." Lydia started but at the way that Carson's eyes went wide she adjusted that statement, "Olivia, sorry. I'm Lydia Branwell, your brother's..." She paused and looked at Carson. She had lost people before and knew Carson was no different. "Co-worker." She finally said in a forced way. Carson nodded wildly and she raised an eyebrow at his strange way. "Can you help me with something, Olivia?" The blonde nodded once and slowly stood. She looked like hell but she was gorgeous still. The dark lighting of her room was a reflection on her state of emotions and how dark she was feeling.

"What? Need help with the Clave? Perhaps you haven't noticed but I'd prefer not to be involved with those idiots unless we have the same blood in our veins." Lydia wanted to mention that they technically had the same blood but she understood what was trying to be conveyed.

"No actually. I'd like you to help me with this Institute. It may help the Clave in the end but I believe it will be good for you." At how Olivia's eyebrow quirked up curiously in a rather frustrated way as she thought. "I need you to help me prove my big point to those here. I need to prove that the New York Institute needs a revamp of their control. You're trusted here, you're loved here." Olivia snorted.

"Can you make sure they take me seriously? Not as a joke." The girl said in an annoyed way that caused Carson's eyes to soften in understanding. "They all look at me as some sort of drunkard but I need to show I'm more than that." Lydia smiled at him as she leaned forward to grab Liv's hand.

"No one will see you as a joke anymore." An oddly bright look took over the blonde's face as she laughed boisterously. Lydia stared into Olivia's eyes in a stern motherly way that made Carson shift awkwardly. Finally, the laughter trickled out and the girl grinned brightly. 

"Good."

---

In only an hour Olivia seemed transformed. Same attitude, different look. Olivia was not changing for Isabelle or for anyone else. She changed for herself. Yes, she loved her dark clothes but this was worth it. The look that would surely come from others when she walked out would be a huge shock for all but she was also in love with how the tight colorful clothes made her look alive.

"Good?" She asked as she turned over to look at her brother and Lydia who were admiring here proudly. Lydia nodded with a smile. "Let's go then." She grabbed her stele off the bed before walking out of the bedroom with a defiant expression. Isabelle and Alec were standing down the hall talking in a hushed tone when they saw the reformed blonde beauty. Isabelle felt her mouth go dry and any words stop forming at the difference. She didn't know if she liked the brighter prints worn by her, possibly ex, friend as she strutted past them to grab her weapon off of the wall.

"Olivia?" Alec asked in shock and she glanced back before smiling coyly at him without looking at Isabelle. "Where've you been? You missed a mission." Her face contorted before she sighed dramatically.

"Lighten up. I had been wallowing in my own self-pity and rejection but then my brother came in with his bestie and I couldn't turn down a makeover could I? I mean it's like so childish but I guess that's all I am, isn't that right Izzy? Oh sorry. I meant Isabelle." The spiteful words were like daggers and Isabelle swallowed and stood tall as she looked back at the first girl she fell in love with. "I'm off to find that forsaken thing in the lab. Lydia said I should check it out." Isabelle's lips parted in surprise and she let a soft sigh out at the new girl's meddling.

"Follow me." She started to walk before pausing when she saw a look of confusion flash on the blonde's face before the same passive look crossed and she followed after with what they now knew was false confidence. As soon as Alec was out of earshot Isabelle began to talk to her. "You know I wasn't right in the head when I said those things, right? I didn't me-"

"Isabelle." She was cut off by the beautiful, usually rebellious, girl. It clicked that this wasn't the same cold tone used minutes earlier. "I'm not mad that you said it. I'm mad that you knew." She said. "You threw Carson at me, you threw my parents at me, you threw my capabilities at me. You threw everything that hurt me right at me even though you knew it hurt." Isabelle felt like shit but nodded.

"I'm sorry," Isabelle said as she opened the door to the morgue. "I didn't mean any of it but it just came out." Isabelle smiled slightly and hoped this meant they would be back to normal. It all came down with the next sentences.

"I don't like what we've become," Olivia stated as she began to look over the creature. "I liked flirting with you. I liked you being my own personal goddess. I liked worshipping you mentally but never aloud. I didn't like two noncommital girls trying to be in love in a homophobic world. I didn't like how you treated my brother." Each sentence came while she was looking at a new piee of the forsaken. "I didn't like how we were treated."

"Neither did I!" Isabelle exclaimed and she sighed. "I don't do relationships. But I want to do it with you." She said, trying to touch Liv's bruised hands but Liv flinched back.

"Slow," Olivia answered and Isabelle's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Slow wasn't quite their style but she would do it for the girl she was falling in love with.

"Slow," Isabelle repeated and leaned over to smile over a dead body. She was too deep in and knew it but didn't care. She was doing it for love.