•Chapter 1•

A little background on the main character- Her name is Trinity, and she's 13.

* Trinity's POV*
"Bye!" I yelled to my family as they left. Little did I know, those would be the last words I ever said to them. They were going to a friend's party, but there weren't going to be any kids my age there, so I chose not to go. My younger brother and my sister loved to hang out with their friends, but I usually chose the TV show over the actual people.

Once my family was gone, I grabbed a fresh new bag of salt and vinegar chips, my favorite, and went back up to my room. It was almost four o'clock, which meant Friends would be on TBS soon. I turned on the TV, sat down on my bed, and checked Instagram and Twitter while I waited for the show. The episode that played turned out to be my favorite, "The One Where Everyone Finds Out." I smiled to myself and tuned out the world, so I could focus on the thing that made me inexplicably happy.

I watched the show until it was over, and realized that a few hours had passed. It was almost 7:00, and my parents said they would be home by now. But I wasn't too worried, as they were usually a bit late. I started on my homework, only to realize it was already 8:30. My family could still be out, but I decided to call them to see if they were okay. When I called my mom's phone, it rang a few times before I heard a deep voice say "Hello?"
"Hi" I replied, thinking it was my dad. "Where are you guys?"
"Excuse me, but are you the daughter of Serena and Patrick?"
"Yes?" I responded, unsure of why was going on.
"I'm sorry ma'm, but your family was in a tragic accident. Nobody made it."
I immediately hung up the phone, not believing what I was hearing. Dead? They can't be dead. They're my family. My mother, my father, my brother, my sister. Gone. Forever. I can't believe it.

*Jen's POV*
I can't believe it. Justin's cheating on me. The only good thing left it my life, gone. My parents are divorced, friends is over, Brad cheated on me, and my mother just passed away yesterday. This is the last thing I need in my life right now.

I threw him out earlier. I found a bra in his jacket pocket, but it wasn't mine. I yelled at him, told him to go, and he did. Didn't take any of his stuff, told me not to send it. God, all I can think about is him. Missing his scent, the warmth of his body next to mine. Without him, the bed feels cold and alone. "I need closure" I whisper I myself in the dark. Then I make the decision to go away. Tomorrow I'll pack my bags and fly out to Atlanta. I love it there, and it's so far from here. With the thought of escaping in my brain, I slowly fall into an uneasy sleep.

Hey guys! So this is a new fanfic I've been thinking about for awhile. I just want to let you know that I'm not the kind of author who says "100 reads for the next chapter." I am simply just doing this for me, and for anyone else who may want to enjoy it. I'll update often as possible, but I can't garuntee a new chapter every day, or even every week.

Also, I'd just like to clarify a few things about this: This fanfic starts the day after Jen's mother Nancy, may she rest in peace, passes away. Obviously, Jen and Justin are together in real life, but kinda wrote him out of the fanfic for reasons that will be revealed later ;) Also, sorry for the short chapter!