A Revelation

"A girl," Pan humored the crowd, pacing around Anne's tousled form; the messy hair of leaves and twigs inside, the disoriented cloak on her shoulders and the smear of dirt on her cheek bone. She wanted to say something, but what? Why was he looking at her that way? -- She contemplated. The way he studied her was like she was some helpless rabbit beneath the greedy eyes of a fox. "On my island?" He laughed, the array of lost boys echoing him.

She regarded Pan suspiciously, narrowing her eyes. Was this another one of his mind games so soon? She went to open her mouth until he spoke up.

"Why I've certainly heard about you -- the girl that had apparently defeated me -- that stole one of my most valuable recruits. Well here we are now, Beastly girl," he hissed, causing her to wince. He was closer to her now, eyes like snakes. The girl felt an overwhelming urge to run. Had she lost him? Had he died and came back to have forgotten?

"I don't know what you're talking about," she replied, attempting to play along. She wouldn't shy away like he wanted, repressing her desperation to.

"Oh is that so?" Pan challenged. "Do you know who brought you to this island, lassie?"

"Your shadow -- so what," she replied courageously.

"That's right, and my shadow never lies," he asserted, his stone gaze never wavering, so unfamiliar -- yet, it wasn't. He looked just the same, those brilliant forest eyes that were cloaked by his long, dark lashes, those perfectly smooth and plump lips she had yearned for; the same cleft chin, fluffy chestnut hair -- and of course, the clever arch of his brow.

In that moment, Anne could only imagine how different she might've looked. Her face had slightly elongated, hair never lasting a week without growing so lengthy; she was forced to dress more womanly, though. That meant, dresses and more dresses that Lily had made for her. Of course, Anne hated these, she could only hope that Pan kept her old clothes and they would still fit. But by the looks of it, there appeared to be no trace of her ever being there the way he was talking to her.

She swallowed a lump in her throat, before she spoke up again. "No, but you do," she dared, partially timid. The crowd of boys exchanged curious looks toward each other, hissing whispers and debating the truth.

Pan's brows lifted in disbelief at her words. "Oh really," he snickered softly, "if that were true, then I wouldn't be here, would I?"

Anne's jaw clenched. He was making her out to be the liar -- the nerve had her blood boiling. "I have big, big plans for you, lost girl; and I have the slightest feeling you won't like them very much," he breathed darkly, causing Anne to painfully glare toward him. She watched as he glanced toward the boys that brought her there. "Imprison her--"

Her heart rate sky rocketed at his words, entertained booms of lost boys like wild animals clouding the air. Anne's cheeks draining as she panted. The kindling river of words inside of her overflowing. "Stop!!" She cried, arms seized by Chester and Sawyer more. "You came back, that's what happened -- wasn't it?? I brought you back!! Somehow, some way! Stop treating me like you don't know me, Peter!!" She knew better, she knew this was all some pathetic playwright to achieve some higher, unknown purpose.

An effortless chuckled bubbled from Pan's lips. "Now you claim to have brought me back?!" There was a flare of desperation in his eyes. "Now, boys!" He commanded. The Beastly girl tried to jerk herself free.

"How could you--" she scoffed in disbelief, flustered in the face, "after everything--"

"That's enough out of you, lost girl," Pan abruptly interjected, a growl in his voice that had Anne wanting to dwindle into little pieces. "I don't know you, but I can assure you, we will be spending a lot of time together until I know every speck of detail," he purred tensely, teeth clenching.

Crumbling inside, Anne dejectedly sank in the boys' hold, eyes filling of question and hurt all at once. Shaking her head, she never left his merciless gaze as she was dragged away. She could've tore free and ran with all her might, but what good would that do when they would just find her again? They always found her -- well, he always found her regardless of the circumstances. Except, this time, she had found him and wasn't so sure she missed him as much anymore.

A.N. So that's all I've wrote in my notebooks (those last three chapters), so it's an official free for all now. The next chapter could go in so many different ways, the matter of it all is just trying to figure which way that is. Hopefully, I can decide soon and this isn't an early sign of writer's block. But regardless of that, I'm so excited because I don't like having everything planned out, it can be restraining, so I'm definitely relieved. Hope you liked the last three chapters and continue to buckle down for more <3