The Three H's

Anne's P.O.V.

The first thing I noticed walking into the camp was how brooding the new recruits were. All lost boys had the similarity of an eerie vacancy in their eyes, the distrust. But these ones were different. They watched every move you made, and sometimes, it was like they never blinked. I felt like I couldn't breathe. Pan led me onto a rock, beginning to make an announcement, but his words were drifting farther and farther away. I almost wondered if they could hear my heartbeat. "As of late, she is a prisoner of the camp, but she will be fed and taken care of. She's only mine to interrogate, is that understood?" He regarded everyone tensely. I watched him closely, resisting the urge to say something. Everything seemed to slow down to the point I didn't notice when he stopped talking, until abruptly, a voice came and caused me to turn my head.

Third person's P.O.V.

"Alec," spoke a blue eyed and black haired lost boy. He looked about sixteen, offering his hand for Anne to shake. She regarded it curiously, before hesitantly taking it. "Pan said he wanted me to look after you."

Raising a brow at the bizarre idea, she felt the urge to look back at Pan for an explanation. "You, look after me?" She shortly laughed. "Well you can tell Pan I don't need anyone to look after me."

"No can do, he doesn't like it when we don't listen to him," spoke Alec, fearfully.

"That's alright, Alec," interjected Sawyer, laying a firm hand on the boy's shoulder, startling him. He laughed. "I'll look after her for you, she will listen to me." He stared at her with a snarky smirk on his lips.

Anne crossed her arms. "Oh really?"

"Go ahead, Alec, besides I'm sure some of the little ones have a game for you to play," he teased. Alec was big with the younger lost boys, always wanting to play with him. And him, being the caring person he was, he would. Anne didn't know much about him yet, but the way Sawyer intimidated him, convinced her he was the prey of the predators -- aka, the older boy's play toy. Just then, Alec rolled his eyes and left.

"That was pathetic," Anne retorted, "what, you think that just because he's younger you can boss him around?" She shook her head. "I don't need somebody to look after me, and I certainly don't need somebody like you following me around," she threw in, shoving passed him.

"Oh please, if Alec had a speck of dignity, he wouldn't let us get to him," Sawyer commented, turning around.

"That's where you're wrong," Anne fired back, turning back around. "He probably puts up with your crap because of his dignity, you asshole. He knows when people like you are worth his time and effort, and clearly, you're not." She showed a pleased smile, arms crossed over her chest.

Sawyer chuckled, humored by the girl's sass. "If that's how you see things, then why are you talking to me?" He inquired with a sarcastic look in his eyes.

"You started talking to me," she mentioned, cocking a brow.

"That I did, but unlike Alec, you have yet to stop talking back," the golden eyed lost boy countered, walking toward the girl.

Her face twisted up in annoyance. "I'm going." With that, she turned away and walked off. Sawyer watched her, before he followed.

"Aren't you curious about where Chester is?" He threw in.