Interrupted

He watched with unease as Marshal Cain was escorted off the crime scene. He couldn't believe she was being arrested. She had done the world a favor hitting that bitch reporter in the face.

The reporter had caught him in the act, so to speak. She wouldn't have evidence of his face on her tape, but she would have his build. She'd have his movements. He didn't know how much of the ritual she had caught on film.

Her cameraman had thrown up. That had been the first sign they were there. He'd just finished. He had dashed down the path the other direction. They may have found his clearing this time, but they hadn't found the parking lot he had used.

Henry had been driving home when the call came over the radio that another body and the nosy reporter had been found. He had turned around and returned to the scene via the directions given to him by the dispatch. He had also been told that the Marshals were on the way.

He had gotten lucky. After driving away from the scene, he had taken a moment to stop in an alleyway. He'd removed his murder garb and replaced it with street clothes as the first crackle of static hit the radio. Now, they had the tape because Marshal Cain had scared the pants off of the cameraman. Six other officers had tried to convince him to turn it over. Only Marshal Cain had managed to get it.

"What do you think?" Dr. Reece asked him, breaking his thoughts.

"Looks like the others," Henry answered.

"Since my second set of eyes has officially been arrested, would you like to join me in the autopsy?" Dr. Reece asked.

"Of course," Henry looked at him. "Arrested for hitting the reporter?"

"Cain internalizes some situations pretty personally. Filming a crime scene for personal gain is one of them."

"She doesn't like reporters," Henry said.

"Pretty much. She's been hounded by them in the past."

"She get much TV time?"

"A few times, never good encounters. Cain's brother is a prisoner in The Fortress."

"Her brother is a serial killer?" This shocked Henry, maybe that's why she seemed so determined. Even after encouraging her to take the DHE she had seemed determined to carry on like nothing had happened.

"No, mass murderer," Dr. Reece said. "By the way, I don't mind you giving her migraine medication, but please make sure you ask her for a list of her meds when you do. She won't lie to you about it, but she'll omit when she has a migraine. She went straight back to the motel and self-injected the DHE."

"Is she heavily medicated?" Henry raised an eyebrow at Xavier.

"Not in the least, quite the opposite, she takes fewer drugs than she should. However, Gentry said she self-injected sumatriptan at the diner, a mere two hours before filling her blood stream with DHE. My guess, she didn't mention the sumatriptan or the time frame to you."

"No, she didn't. She said she had taken migraine medication earlier and it had helped, she'd only use the DHE if it was necessary," Henry recalled their conversation. It had been shortly after that he had decided to take Agent Gentry to the woods.

"That's the problem, she'll take anything you give her when she has a migraine. You could offer her heroin and she'd shoot up with it if you said it would help."

"I didn't realize."

"No one does. She has an incredibly high pain threshold. She seems functional when she has a migraine, but as her doctor, and her friend, I've discovered that this isn't the case. She feigns being healthy quite convincingly. Then she gets alone and suddenly she raids everything in her medicine cabinet to get rid of them."