Retry Pt. 3

"Here we are." She said enthusiastically, like a mother bringing her child to their first day of school.

"L/N-san?"
My narrowed eyes went back and forth to my phone screen and the signage.
"Um, Suzumeda-san, he said he wanted me to show me some cute animals, yes?" I asked for a confirmation as I didn't want to create a misunderstanding, especially with a guy like him.

"Yeah. At least that's what it says here..." Her assurance slowly faded away with doubt, yet still briefly pointed at the alibi of this case.
'I know this cafe that has really nice cakes, in case you don't like bitter food or drink. And-and-AND! I want to show the reaaaaaaaaaally cute animals they have there since I heard that you're an animal lover.'

"Right..." I guess that was a forlorn attempt to seek out an answer to why we were both standing in front of an owl cafe.

"Well, guess I should get going then." That sentence burnt out the fire within me and I felt myself trembling in fear. "Have fun L/N!" Wait, no, no, NO! Please don't-don't leave me! Suzumeda-San! SUZUMEDA-SAN.
"Thanks." As soon as those left me for a second, it was dominated once again by a wave of anxiety within me.
The overly decorated signage with little owl illustrations that looked more like doodles were rather creeping me out than making me feel welcomed. If this were an amusement park, I was probably standing in front of those kiddy rides that supposedly only gave me a traumatic experience during my childhood.

But the difference is that he is well alive and healthy. That's what frightened me the most. 

I took a peek through the thin, tall glass window next to the entrance, which perfectly pictured the white-grey spiky headed guy with a perkiness that resembled a baby owl waiting eagerly for their mum to fly back with some food.

The moment I opened the door, I flinched at the artificial sound of the hoot of an owl, which were much more soothing than the agonizing cry within me.

"Hey! Over here." I heard a loud voice coming from the back near the window side of the cafe. With his strong, firm arms waving abruptly in the air, with no care about the other customers or working staffs, it looked like I just stepped into his territory. In spite of feeling naked with eyes coming (both human and owls') from all directions, I can't seem to come to hate him. Those childish attitude and joyous, huge grin made him look like a little boy that hosted a birthday party with me being the first and last person to come.

"Hi." I awkwardly mumbled before my butt crawled onto the seat.

"You came! You really came!" 

"Yes, I did..." I tried to bite off his enthusiasm, but I guess this is why we all have likes and dislikes. I wasn't liking it at all. So I decided to come up straight. "Look, Bokuto-san was it? I---" I was rudely interrupted by a clear, loud sound, which questioned me his mentality as he self-slapped himself in the face. Like someone would to someone's face with a blueberry pie. But that forming blotch flicked a conversation between Kuroo-san and Akaashi-san.
No breakdowns this time?
It can't be. Someone like him wouldn't happen to have social anxiety or anything...right?
"Um...are you alright?"

He started to laugh eerily to himself and I didn't know whether to text Kuroo-san if he knew Bokuto-san had any mental disorders or whatever. The smile that slowly creeped onto his face were not helping my decision making.

"You."

"Yes?" I gave him a short answer, not wanting to be on his bad side.