Realisation

"Take off your shirt."

"Eh..." he blinked owlishly. "EH?! L-L/N?!"

I turned to Akaashi, ignoring the dumbfounded boy. "Do you mind if we use the changing room?"

He paused before nodding in approval.

"YOU. Come with me." I didn't come all the way to have this pissed-off -boss-wimpy-whiny-employee talk.
I shut out the exaggerated 'L/N!' with the stomping of my feet and ended it with a bang of the door, almost making the panicky boy trip as I carelessly tugged him into the room.

"That hurt, L/N! What did I do to deserve this!" He screeched, giving an irritated glare while rubbing his head.

"The worst thing not only an Ace can do, but a captain can do to their team."

"What? I haven't done anything, L/--woah!" He flinched as I quietly slid my hand underneath his shirt and laid my palm dead flat around his chest.

"Here?"

"L/N, wha...what are you doing?" He squealed.

I glanced over at Bokuto, who was flustered with his lip in a squiggly kind of line, trying to keep quiet. "Not here, I guess. Okay, is it here...there, nope. Hm..." I just kept mumbling to myself.

"Oh my gosh. Stop, L/N!" I gripped onto his upper arm being surprised by his sudden outrage, which left me in no doubt that he's the ace with this muscle.
"That, that was so ticklish. I can't..." He puffed out each word after breathing out after a madness of laughter.

'Maybe.' I thought. I calmly raised my hands his arm until,
"Ow!"

I kept stabbing that certain area around his shoulder blade.
"Ow, ow, ow! That hurts, L/N!"

"I knew you'd be stubborn about this."

"Huh?" He raised his brow, as my hand slowly found its way out of of shirt and rubbed my palm on the side of my skirt. "Stubborn?"

"Why didn't you tell them?"

"About what?" He sounded like a grumpy old man, which the age matched with the colour of his hair.

"Yesterday."

He grunted in response before looking away from me, gently massaging his shoulder.

"Staying quiet isn't good enough." I hinted, which he let out a sigh.

"I...I want to keep playing. What kind of captain AND ace would I be if I told my team I couldn't play cause of this stupid-looking, small scar?!"
After running through with words, I could tell he was trying to calm himself down from his slow breathing.

"Should've figured that you're not only stubborn, but a simpleton too."

He gasped. "Why do you keep putting salt to my wounds, L/N?" His breathing were drained out by his weary tone of voice.

"Says the one who forgot the words of the one he apparently...." I left a pause, thinking whether it was okay for me to use the word, 'likes.'" I did anyway, which made me feel like a sunset wanting to drown into her wave of embarrassment.

I cleared my throat.

"The Wisdom of The Ace:

Firstly, the figure of the ace is the one that inspires his allies.

Secondly, he should shatter any wall

Thirdly, He should hit any ball to his utmost ability."

My shoulders dropped along with my sigh, giving the lost boy a look of sympathy. "What you're doing right now goes against those words."