{Chapter 11}

Hollow Bastion.

It was nothing like I expected. I expected Heartless everywhere and for the town to be demolished but man, was I wrong. Although there were Heartless it actually wasn't much. And really I thought Hollow Bastion was beautiful, just the way everything looked like made it look that way.

"Wow! Hollow Bastion really looks different! Don't ya think Donald, Goofy?" Sora turned to his friends with an excited expression. They nodded in response and the three turned to me.

"Whaddya think, Lea?" Goofy asked.

I stared at him, "What do I think about what?"

Donald flapped his wings, "About Hollow Bastion, of course!"

I blinked, "Oh! Sorry..." I rapidly nodded my head, "Hollow Bastion is beautiful place. I actually did not expect that." Sora patted my back and slightly pushed me forward.

"That's good to hear," Sora said.

Sora then took the lead as he told the story of his journey in Hollow Bastion. He added dramatic lines and also made some quite dramatic gestures.

"Then Maleficent turned into a big dragon!" Sora motioned his arms in a way that would make him seem bigger, he towered over me to seem intimidating but I merely just pushed him away with a smile. We laughed once again. Immediately afterwards Sora's expression turned serious and he turned to Donald and Goofy, holding the same expression.

Then the boys ran off without saying a word. Seriously. They left me alone. In a world I've never been to. Alone. Why would they run off like that?! Did they see Heartless or Nobodies? Or are they just used to it being the three of them so they didn't have to acknowledge me about the threat?

Sigh. They left me. That was just sudden: first, Sora is telling a story, I push him away, then he runs off with his friends. Yeah, great...

Then suddenly I was pushed against the brick wall with an arm holding against my throat. The push forced all of my air out if my lungs and my vision blurred from the lack if oxygen.

Everything is happening too quickly, isn't it?

"Dammit, Lea!" The voice said with a tone of annoyance, "You just had to join Sora, didn't you?"

I couldn't place the voice so I asked, dazed, "Who are you...?"

The arm pressed harder on my throat. "Lea, you have no idea how stupid this choice was." My vision cleared very slowly, then I was able to see blurred red, spiky hair.

"Axel."

He ignored my discovery and let me fall onto the floor with a large 'thud'. He bent down to my level and his emerald eyes burned into my violet ones, "Joining Sora was a very stupid idea, Lea."

I glared at my red-headed friend and asked, "And why is that, Axel?"

Axel stood back up and stared at anything that wasn't me, "Because you were in good terms with the Organization. Now that you're with Sora, they're gonna go after you too."

I stood up, leaning on the wall for support and faced the nobody, "What do you mean by "good terms with the Organization"?"

He sighed and looked back at me, "It means that if you don't threaten the plans of the Organization then they don't threaten you, but if you threaten their plans," the tone in his voice turned even more serious than it was, "Then they threaten you."

"Woow," I remarked sarcastically, "I simply love the way you put it."

"Lea..." Axel sighed deeply, he ran his hand through his hair then placed a hand on my shoulder, "I just want to protect you... I wasn't able to protect Roxas, so I have to protect you..." His grip on my shoulder tightened and he pushed me onto the wall again, "Even if it means I have to hurt you to accomplish it."

I gasped and stared into Axel's eyes, they were burning with the want of protecting and the feeling of guilt. He grabbed my other shoulder and rammed me against the wall again, while he did this he muttered, "I'm sorry."

Tears welled up in the corners of my eyes feeling the pain hitting my back and most of all, my head. I felt a warm, thick liquid slide down my neck.

I had no idea how Axel was protecting me by doing this but he's Axel, he'll have a reason behind it.

He grabbed a hand-full of my hair and stared at me with guilty eyes and slammed my head against the wall.

Immediately on impact, I fell onto the floor, face-first, and everything turned black.

Yet again, I was alone... In darkness.