Right?

Swallows swooping,
Willows drooping.
Shadows cover the night,
Blooming flowers in eternal moonlight.

  .......

  Where was she? Auntie Rize promised she'd be home before the sun rose, but it was already morning. Where was she...where was she...where was she...

  She wasn't here, no indeed she was not. He began to laugh, and laugh, and laugh. It was Auntie Rize, nothing would happen to her. She was strong and smart, so nothing could ever happen to her.

  "Nothing could ever happen to her, right guys?" His face began to take on a pained expression.

  'I'm sure she's doing just fine Mukade, you know how she gets sometimes.'

  'Times running out Mukade-'

  'And you'll never quite know when it ends.'

  "But-" he broke out in a sob, "It's Auntie..."

  'And that's precisely why, our dear Mukade...'

  "No... No-" he choked out. Never had he thought his precious Aunt would disappear. She would never leave him, she couldn't. He wouldn't allow it. "No... No... No..."

  'Times ticking Mukade,' All three voices spoke. 'Better enjoy who you can while they last.'

  .......

  Ravens flying,
  Flowers dying.
  Across the sea,
  A world free.

  Whispers of amity,
  Shouting through calamity;
  Crying free-
  Is this me?

  .......

  It had been a week now- a whole week without his aunt. She still hadn't shown up, hadn't shown up at all. He couldn't take it anymore.

  Anteiku had told him to go home- for how long he didn't know. Something about his now constant pacing bothering the customers and that he "had learned all he could from watching" and that he "might just get into university, so you should study in a quiet environment". Bullshit.

  Auntie Rize was special, couldn't they see that? Couldn't they?

  His hair was starting to turn white again- he couldn't take it. It had started with the roots, which was to be expected, but with Auntie Rize gone, the purpose of the hair dye was becoming null. Just like him. Just like him.

  Why did this always happen to him? Something nice comes along just to be ripped from his clutches. It wasn't fair, it really wasn't. It always happened; things would come, but never stay. They would never stay- but he hadn't lost her yet. Aunt Rize could still come back, there was hope for that. Hope.

  He tried to fall asleep.

  .......

  The cheerful chattering,
  The colors splattering.
  The predator itchin' to be fed,
  The prey- that's me- tries to get ahead.

  The dripping night,
  The dying light.
  The soundless cry
  Carries across the sky.

  Larkspurs blooming,
  Shadows looming.
  The sturdy oak,
  Is this a joke?

  .......

  There was a knock. A soft knock to be correct. Not a pounding, but a slight wrap. Strange.

  He walked to the door, taking careful steps from his room. Nobody was supposed to come over, unless either Rize or Kaneki brought them over themselves. That's how it was supposed to go and only that way.

  When he opened the door there was no one there, just a box sitting at the doorstep. A box? A box with an odd smell. He picked it up and brought it back to his room, pondering over who would leave an unmarked box on his aunt's doorstep for him. The only people who knew he was here, besides Rize herself, should be Hide and a few members from Anteiku.

  'Time's a tickin' Mukade,' was once again chorused. Odd.

  He set the box on his bed, in no hurry to open it. He sat down next to the box and slowly began to open it, being careful. Careful.

  Inside was a...head? A woman's head with a bloody stump of a neck with streaks of her face. Long violet hair matted with blood fanned out around her face, glasses perched almost delicately on her nose. A familiar scent- that of family- wafted out from the box.

  Oh, no... No... No... No! A bloodcurdling scream erupted from his throat. They couldn't- she couldn't! No, no, NO! Rize, Rize, Rize. Auntie Rize? Yes, Aunt Rize. No, never, nope. She couldn't... She couldn't be dead. Dead? Yes, dead. No!

  He ran to the corner of his room, curling up in a ball. Too afraid to face the head, but too afraid to leave it. He didn't even notice how his body began to shake with sobs. Nor when he began to scratch at his ear; fingernails scraping his skin, the force peeling some off as blood began to leak down. The blood began to drip, drip, drip.

  .......

  The blood is dripping,
  My skin is ripping.
  Reluctant prey
  Slaves the day away.

  Oleanders die
  As the crows begin to fly.
  As the sun shines
  The moon blinds.

  The lion roars,
  The vulture soars.
  The cubs are groomed
  The prey is doomed.

  Feeling trapped,
  My weakness mapped-
  Desperate for help,
  Deaf ears listen to helpless yelps.

  .......

  He just sat there. Nail-less fingers still scratching, scratching, scratching. Dried (and still drying) blood caked both his face and clothes, some pooling on the floor.

  "S-she couldn't have d-d-died... She coul-couldn't h-have... She would n-n-never l-leave me... This must be a j-joke? Yeah, m-must be a joke. Must be, must be, must be..." He continued to mumble, still not believing the situation.

  It had been a few hours since the dreaded package had arrived, and he was still no closer to processing what had happened then he had been when he had first found Auntie Rize- no, the head. It just, it just couldn't have happened. It was Auntie Rize...

  No... No... No... No, no, no, no...

  There was a new knock on the door: a strong knock. But a knock nonetheless. It was still a knock.

  He huddled even further into the corner, trying to take up as little space as possible. If he wouldn't answer the door, nothing bad would happen to him. Right?

  The pounding continued for a few more- minutes? seconds? until it just stopped. He was safe if he didn't get up, he was safe if they left. He was safe. Safe...

  Footsteps. There were footsteps coming towards him. Towards his sanctuary. The creaking floorboards as they walked alone in the hallway. Creak, creak, creak. Then the squeak of the door as it slowly opened.

  In popped a bright head of hair, with a matching personality. "Heya 'Neki, I wanted-"

  The blonde took in the room. A bloody head on the bed- that was Kaneki's aunt?- with an equally bloody Kaneki curled into a corner of the room. And what looked like fingernails littered around him?

  He walked over to the crumpled boy, trying to be as gentle as possible. He crouched down in front of the other, making soft cooing sound as he lightly lifted the others face. Tear tracks stained the already bloody face (one of them adding to the blood), descending from empty eyes- one a glowing kakugan, the other a lifeless grey.

  "... Hide?"

.......

  So sorry about not updating!! I was just crushed with end of the year test and last minute cramming (still am). That and I also got a job, so I've been real busy.

  Thanks again to Kuro-dono~ for being my beta and putting up with my shit! Thank you for reading.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jun 08, 2016 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Centipedes In My Ear...  (Kaneki X Hide) (Hiatus)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें