Ch. 01 Friendly Date.

A/N

It's been two months straight without Zayn and my feelings for him hasn't disappears or diminished. There are times where I miss him and I think about calling him, for example right now. I hover over the call button after I finished typing Zayn's number. But before I can actually call I briefly think of what will I say, "hi I want you back", but then I recall the rumors on campus about Zayn and it makes me wonder why did we break up when we are clearly more miserable a part. But theres a small voice echoing in the back of my mind saying, "Don't be like your mother" but deep down inside I know I will never be my mother cause Zayn will never be like my father. 

I'm about to call him but Nathan text me asking about, where did I put the remote control. I bite my lip, trying to remember where I put the remote control at. before I can guess of an answer for him, someone clears their throat, gaining my attention and I blush as I was so blantly not working

"Hello, welcome to Jave Hut, what can I get for you?" I ask the girl. Her hair was a shiny black and her face was covered in piercings- too many to count. Her edgy clothing blended well with her look. Despite the harshness of her look, she was still very pretty.

"I'll have one large black coffee, two packs of sugar. And one medium size pumpkin latte."

I nodded my head as I calculate the order, "Okay that will be fourteen dollars and thirty-eight cents." I smile at her. "Cash or credit?"

"Cash or credit?" The lady turns around as she shouts out my question.

"Cash, please." My mouth agape as I hear the familiar voice.

"Hayley?" He frowns shocked to see me. He looks completely different- okay well not completely but his hair is changed from being a dark color to a faded pink on the top and his facial hair is more trimmed. I guess the rumors arent true. He seems to be doing fine.

"Hey- how are you?" I smile timidly at him.

"Fine, wow look at you, why do we always meet up at a coffee shop?" He jokes and I smile at that nodding my head.

"Coincidence." I shrug.

"Our fate. How long has it been?" He smiles digging into his pockets.

"A few months, give or take," I said playing coy, it's been two.

"Well you look great, as always." He grabs his wallet out. "How much is it?"

"Nah, it's cool- don't worry about." I shake my head at him.

"Are you sure?" He raise a brow.

"Yeah, it's on the house. Think of it as a friendly gesture." I give another smile to assure him.

He licks his bottom lip slowly. "Well thank you."  He shoves his wallet back into his pocket.

"Ahem." The black haired girl clears her throat.

"Oh shit, my bad- Trix this is... well my ex-girlfriend, Hayley." He chuckles. "Hayley this is a friend of mine." He mumbles quietly.

"Hi." I give a tight lip smile as Trix who just stares at me with a bored look. I clear my throat, "I'll go get your drinks." I said, going to the coffee machine, as I start working on their order.