Clans

Mary's POV

As the cold, wet sand sinks me deeper into the ground. My head rests on a broken down board from my ship, as my arms dangle from the edge. The saltwater drenched my clothes, as my hair was soaked and coated in sand.

The sound of deep voices echo around me, lifting my head slowly I see then searching for something. 

"Help me.." I whisper, trying to lift myself up.

But nevertheless they slice one of my mercenaries' neck, and leave them to bleed to death.

Reaching for a sword nearby, only find the scabbard lying around empty.

"I think this one is alive?" They said.

Coming closer to me, I crawl over to a large work to hide from them until they finally leave. Yet, suddenly I feel a hand wrap around my mouth bringing me around the rock.

"Keep quiet, or we're next." Narcisses says, as he looked worse than me.

"Put them all to the sword."

"Where is Bash? Did you see him on the beach?" I asked.

"No."

 "Look over there." The man orders.

"How did you get ashore?" I asked Narcisse.

"Two crewmen and I clung to the mast. We washed ashore about 1000 strides from here. I found a dozen or so mercenaries. When the pillagers arrived, they chose to save their own lives."

"The few soldiers I had left deserted."

"And I don't blame them. They're vulnerable and unarmed on foreign soil." He says, as we look on towards the men.

"Foreign soil for them, for me it's home. Scotland."

"Mary, we have to go." Grabbing my arm.

"Found one more. Still breathing." They yell, as one of the men removed the cloth from my men's face.

"It's Bash. He's alive." I gasp.

"We have to stop them."

"Give me a sword."

"It's gone." I whisper.

"Then we have no choice. Look away." Grabbing my arm again, we moved a few inches.

But the sound of horse whinnying force me to look over the rock. Watching them scare away the men, they slowly gather around Bash, before taking him along.

"They're taking him, the Druids."

"What the hell kind of country do you have here?" Narcisse asks.

"We have to follow them. I couldn't save anyone else, but I won't leave Bash behind."

~

Eliana's POV

Walking over a wooden board, my men carefully help me step on English soil once again.

"It's great to have you back, Your Majesty." A guard said.

"Thank you, it's been a few days."

Guiding me to a black carriage, the driver takes me around the town. Enjoying the view, we make a few stops around town.

"Talia, what are you doing?" I ask her, as she leave with Lydia.

"We are going to buy things for the new prince!"

Looking at them through the window, I laugh loud enough for a few of the villagers to see me.

"It's Queen Eliana!" They yell.