the first signs of bad news:prologue

Tsuna and his guardians had been asked to form an alliance with the Esleno family, it had been tsuna's first alliance that he didn't want to do. The Esleno family had been known to make poisons and perfect assassin's.

They had been on tsuna's nerve lately.

They had tried to make an ambush, only to fail once they had undergone the field around the mansion. Mukuro and chrome used illusions to shake up the Esleno famgila and make them retreat. The other guardians gathers injured people for interrogation. While the interrogation commenced, reborn had taken every thing that was on them. During this they found a vile of red-hot pink substance. This made the decimo, reborn, and everyone else worried of what could have happened if they didn't stop the Esleno surprise attack.

~The next month~

"Dame-tsuna you shouldn't go to this alliance"

tsuna was shocked at what reborn said to him. It was the first time reborn had advised him to not go to a mafia business related conference. "But reborn, if I don't go they may attack or hurt us again" tsuna had said. "Tsuna, do not go" it was at times like these that tsuna did not like reborn, he didn't get a sadistic grin but he got a frown that made you want to do as you were told.

"I'm sorry reborn, but this is for the safety of my familia" tsuna had said as he got into the sleek black car. His guardians were in the cars infront and behind him.

"Dammit tsuna" reborn said tilting down his fedora. He then walked away, specifically to the basement laboratory where Gianni, shoichi and spanner were. Reborn kicked open the giant metal door, shocking the mechanics. "R-reborn, what are you doing here!" Gianni said as he walked over to reborn.

"Gianni, how is the sample from the battle going?" Reborn asked looking up with a poker face.

"A-ah well reborn..." Gianni had slowly looked down in defeat. "We can't find a cure" spanner spoke up from his desk and microscope. "We have never seen anything like this reborn-san" shoichi said looking up from the sample testers. "Reborn, the Esleno family, has made a monster"

"A monster? What kind of monster?" Reborn said looking very troubled by the news he had just received. "It is a virus, one that infects the brain, intestine, and..." shoichi had stopped, he looked at gianni, then to spanner.

"And what?" Reborn said, "It makes them, like a vampire, although they only have a need for blood" spanner said. "We have conducted many experiments on rats, and we have found what makes them tick after getting the virus." Spanner turned around and grabbed a file full of paper and read out loud the words on the paper.

"The subject has been ejecting blood for 3 days, it has not moved from its place since the blood loss. 4 days later it will attack other rats and has, eaten them." Spanner flipped the paper, continuing on the next page.

"Therefore, we can say that this virus will make the host, vomit continuously until the virus has passed, until then they will reject their own organs and eat others until the body has, 'ejected' the virus from their system" spanner finishes and a silence passed the lab. Reborn was standing still, on the outside he looked composed and uncaring, but on the inside, he was, finding a solution.

"Reborn-San?" Gianni asked as he walked up to reborn. "Hnn?" Reborn said as Gianni backed up in fright. "We forgot to mention something" shoichi said. "The virus must be injested, eaten or drinked. It is the only known way so far for it to spread." Shoichi finished. Reborn had just realised that the Esleno might give the guardians and tsuna the virus.

"gianni!", reborn yelled

"Y-yes!"

"contact the guardians and tell them to not eat or drink anything at the alliance meeting! Now!" Reborn ordered him to do. Gianni ran over to his computer and called all the guardians phones on a connected line.

"E-everyone! Don't eat or drink anything I repeat! Don't drink or eat anything at the Esleno mansion!" Gianni had sent a message to all the guardians phones. "N-no one answered" Gianni said, a cold sweat running down his head.

"DAMMIT!"

Reborn got out his phone and called tsuna. 'Dammit, you better answer!' Reborn thought as he walked around the lab.

"Reborn? Why are you calling me!?, I'm in the middle of the meeting!" Tsuna said

"Dame-tsuna, you better have not eaten anything" reborn said as malice and 'kill' rolled off his body.

"no,not yet? They just severed us snacks and drinks" tsuna said oblivious to reborn distress. "DAME-TSUNA, HURRY UP AND TELL EVERYONE NOT TO EAT THE FOOD!" Reborn yelled,

"why?" Tsuna questioned. "Just do it!" Reborn yelled. "Fine reborn, ill tell them not to eat the food!" Tsuna then hung up the phone. "Dammit, tsuna" reborn said 'you better make it on time' Reborn thought as he put his phone back into his pocket.

"Reborn, here" shoichi handed reborn a cup of espresso. "Thanks" reborn whispered, just quiet enough so only he could hear him say it. "do you think everyone is ok?" Gianni asked.

"I don't know" reborn said..he looked down into the foam cup of espresso.

"we will know when they get back" reborn said before taking a sip of the drink. "This tastes bad" he said after spitting it out. "Well, spanner did make it" shoichi said. Reborn stood up and left the laboratory to make his own espresso.

"Good. He's gone" Gianni said. "I feel bad for not telling reborn the worst part". Spanner said in a sad tone of voice. "The only way to quickly get rid of the virus is to be engulfed with dying will sky flames" spanner said. "And even that will take weeks just to do one person" Gianni said. "Reborn... we're sorry" shoichi said as he gripped his stomach. "And sorry, tsuna" they all said at once, feeling, and preparing for the worst to come and destroy their familia.