chapter 1: the meet and eat

"I can't believe reborn would tell me not to go" tsuna said to Gokudera who was sitting next to him. "Well maybe reborn just has a bad feeling ever since the attack from the Esleno family?" Gokudera said. "I know, but my hyper intuition isn't acting up, normally when reborn has a bad feeling I get a splitting headache" tsuna said worried. "I just hope everything will work out fine" tsuna said closing his eyes.

Tsuna and the guardians soon arrive at the Esleno mansion. They were greeted with stares and people cursing them behind their backs as they walked to the bosses office. Two people opened the giant door before them, as it was opening tsuna could see the Don Esleno sitting at a table with 8 spares seats.

"Ahh, decimo! How nice to see you" the Don said as he stood up. "Come in, come in! I won't bite". Tsuna shivered a bit at the way the Don said bite. Tsuna composed himself and walked in sitting down at the other end of the table that the Don was sitting at.

As the bosses did small talk a few chefs and maids came in and put down some food. The food look worthy of a 5 star restaurant,there were dishes from all over the world. Western cuisines, Japanese and French dishes.

Lambo had been drooling since the chefs walked in. Everyone was looking at the food with eyes of a beast, custody of Mukuro and Hibari. "Esleno don, you realise this is a serious matter we are here for" tsuna said with a composed look.

"Oh of course! We only wish to thank you for your arrival young decimo" answered the Esleno don. "If you and you guardians wish to they may dig in" the Don said with a smile on his face.

After the Don had said for them to dig in, tsuna had gotten a call from reborn.

'Reborn? Why would he call?' Tsuna thought as he left the room, "sorry Esleno Don, I'm getting an important call" tsuna said as he silently left the room.

"Reborn? Why are you calling me!?, I'm in the middle of the meeting!" Tsuna said

"Dame-tsuna, you better have not eaten anything" reborn said, tsuna could feel some slight stress from reborns voice over the phone.

"no,not yet? They just severed us snacks and drinks" tsuna said curious about reborns question.

"DAME-TSUNA, HURRY UP AND TELL EVERYONE NOT TO EAT THE FOOD!" Reborn yelled,

"why?" Tsuna questioned. "Just do it!" Reborn yelled. "Fine reborn, ill tell them not to eat the food!" Tsuna then hung up the phone and walked back in.

"Hey guys, reborn said not to eat the... food.." tsuna was frozen still, his body was shutting down. His guardians were convulsing on the floor some vomiting most of their breakfast out.

"E-everyone!" Tsuna yelled as he went to the closet person's side, which was yamamoto. "Oh my god.." tsuna whispered as he saw yamamoto kneeling on the floor, trying not to fall.

"T-tsuna, run.. ill make a distraction." Yamamoto said as he stood up and called out jiro, he made a shower screen and went to Gokudera and Lambo.

"Tsuna, get, Hibari and chrome, I believe sempai has mukuro?" Yamamoto said with scratchy throat.

"O-okay" tsuna said as he got out natsu and put Hibari and chrome on natsu's back. Nasty had grown in size as tsuna grew in power and flame. "Lets go natsu!" Tsuna yelled as he ran with Ryohei, yamamoto and nastu out the door.

'Wh-what's happening to my family?!' Tsuna begged in his mind.

A few hours later tsuna, and the others arrived at the vongola mansion, with many people sick and dead looking, the worst one had to be lambo.

"R-reborn! What's happening!?" Tsuna yelled as reborn ran out and grabbed chrome from tsuna, "dear god..." Reborn whispered, "what?" Tsuna said as he looked scared, "what's wrong with them!?" Tsuna exclaimed.

"Ill tell you later, they need treatment right now" reborn said as he picked up Hibari and Lambo and hustled them over his shoulder and ran into the mansion to bring them to the infirmary.

Tsuna brought the rest of everyone in and had to sit out side the infirmary with natsu back in his cub form. "N-natsu, what's going on?" Tsuna said in a sad voice with teary eyes, "gao?" Natsu said in a small, concerned growl.

"Dame-tsuna.." Reborn said as he walked out of the infirmary. "R-reborn? Is everyone okay!?" Tsuna said immediately as he got up and sprinted to reborn.

"I'm not going to baby you, their basically monsters now" reborn said.

"W-what?..." tsuna said in a inaudible cry. "How do you mean, monsters?" Tsuna said with tears in his eyes.

"They will be vomiting until the virus they contracted will be no longer in their body, they will also need transplant organs, because they will also reject those" reborn said.

"... what..."

Reborn saw a miserable mess of his student, slumped on the floor and shaking. "Worse of all, they will attack others and.." Reborn went silent. He put on a strait face, and shadowed his face with his fedora. "And eat them" he said quietly.

"Ah, I, how, no.." tsuna was at a loss for words, his mouth was dry, his face was stained with tears, he was just emotionally and physically drained of life.

"Dame-tsuna just go get some rest" reborn said as he patted tsuna on the shoulder before leaving him in the hallway.

Hours later, shamal had come out of the infirmary. Shamal had come over as an order from reborn after the guardians arrived.

"Vongola, can I, talk to you?" Shamal said. "Y-yeah? What is it?" Tsuna said sadly.

"Yamamoto, Gokudera, Hibari and Ryohei are stable but, they are vomiting of blood, and I don't know the cause, at this rate we will need many packets of donors blood. And It seems chrome's organs are, gone, and mukuros eye has been bleeding for many hours now." Shamal was sweating, he took in a breath and continued. "Lambo is the worst.. his nose has been bleeding and he is having trouble breathing, I assume he may have something wrong with his lungs and he seems to be in a coma state as of now"

Tsuna just stared, and stared.. and continued to stare, he was having a hard time wrapping his head around what was happening to his family.

"What?" Tsuna finally said. "No.. no, no no no, NO! This can't be happening!" Tsuna yelled with sadness and anger. "Why! If only I listened to reborn! If only I listened to him!" Tsuna cried.

"Vongola, go get some rest.. your health is also important" shamal said as he got a maid to walk tsuna to his room.

"What the hell happened?..." shamal whispered to no one as he went back into the infirmary.