Chapter 20

"If you ever should need me you know I'll come~Ready to kill with a Smoking Gun~With a Smoking Gun~Jadakiss ft. Jasmine Sullivan

Charlene

I really couldn't wait to see Minah. I have missed her so much. It broke my heart not to have my daughter around. I was shocked to find her kissing a girl but I still loved her and I never wanted her to just love. Anthony was so rough on her because of his own family secrets. I just wanted my family to be whole again. Lovely was into her music chasing her dreams and it made me think of all my dreams that I put on hold to take care of my family.

See I have been with King since I was sixteen years old and I got pregnant with my first child at seventeen. Then all of them came back to back. My oldest children are only a year apart. King had lost his job so he started hustling and dreams of my own catering business were put on hold. I kept telling myself after my children were grown I would do it, but then King found the Lord and became a Pastor and now I have to take care of the duties of being the first lady of the church.

I'm still young and I could still get my business going but King thinks I should let go of my childish dreams. I have given and sacrificed so much for my family that I have lost who I am. I heard King downstairs pacing back and forth. I went down to see if he was Ok.

"Are you alright? Who were you talking to?" I asked him.

He just kept pacing and mumbling. He turned and looked at me then he sat down. "Minah was here. She still hasn't changed Char. She still has that mean spiteful attitude." He said. I just sat down across from him and looked at him. "What did you do King?" I asked him preparing myself for the worst.

"She started going off on me about Lovely and her music and how I needed to be more supportive. I love my kids and I support them in everything that they do I just won't support Minah in being a damn dike. It's unnatural and it's wrong. I just won't and I can't except my daughter wanting to be with another woman that way." He said with tears in his eye's.

"King this isn't about Minah and you know it. This is about your father leaving your mother for a man. What you t hought I didn't know the truth? Well I do and what your father did has nothing to do with Minah. She is your daughter for crying out loud and if you don't fix this I will leave you." I said getting up and going back upstairs.

I wasn't going to allow him to keep breaking my family apart. I was gonna do what I should have done a long time ago and that is put my foot down.

Shakeya

I had picked up everything I had to get for Desire and I cursed out Aubrey for added bonus. I started to call Minah and ask her to meet up with me but Nah I'm good on that. I'm done with her all together. Carlos and I are actually doing good and I can truly say I am happy. He has been such a sweet heart to Desire and so understanding. I love this man I really do hell I always have. He is the only man that has been in my life that has never hurt me. He is what you would call a blessing sent from above.

I pulled up to the house and went inside. Carlos was sitting in the living room looking like he had a lot on his mind. I hate to see him looking so stressed. "Hey babe you alright? How is Desire?" I asked him sitting next to him. "She alright. Hilda took her something to eat and she is sleeping peacefully." He said.

"So what has you so stressed looking?" I asked him truly concerned. "I have something that I want to tell Desire but I don't know how to tell her. Shit she might not even believe me at all." He said. I kinda of got worried cause what in the hell would he have to tell Desire hell he just met her. "Well what is it? Can you tell me?" I asked him.