Prologue

I didn't know what to expect, but I sure as hell didn't expect it to feel like this. There was pain everywhere. My whole body felt achy like my limbs might just drop off at any minute. My blood circulation was the little engine who couldn't. And then there were the sharp, shooting pains. It was in my head, behind my eyes, in my chest. Every few minutes, I'd struggle to breathe, gasping for air. I'd fall to the floor, clutching my chest as I waited for the pain to subside. Finally, it did.

This was worse than the plague. I briefly wondered if I was having some sort of allergic reaction to the Cure except that some of my friends were experiencing the same symptoms. The doctors had tried to hide their worry when I confronted them - tried to reassure me - but I saw the falsity. I didn't bother pressing the matter any further though. Could you even be allergic to a virus? I doubted it. Maybe there was something else going on... Maybe the virus had somehow overpowered my own DNA and was killing me even more rapidly than the plague had been. Without the doctors giving me answers, there was no way to tell.

Suddenly, there was another bout of pain. I doubled over, clutching my sides, my head, pressing the heels of my palms into my eyes. It was everywhere. It was overwhelming. It felt like someone was flattening my head with a steam roller while someone else stabbed my eyes out with arrows.

I couldn't handle it anymore. A scream let loose from my throat, ripping its way through my oesophagus like acid. I felt so alone as tears stung my eyes and the pain came in tidal waves so strong they threatened to black me out.

That's when I heard it... Others were screaming too.

Hi guys, this is a new idea :) hope you like it and please remember to vote and comment any opinions about it so far!