Chapter 15: Karma Time

A/N: Just a reminder, from this point on, this story will be in Karma's POV in intention to make you guys, the readers, better understand the story as well as get to know Karma's past and personality. 

-The Karma you are about to witness is slightly out of character from what you'd expect from the whole story line. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Finally, the brat's asleep." I mumbled to myself, shutting my eyes before taking a deep breath and slowly huffing it out, giving it enough time to coarse through my veins. 

My eyes slowly re-opened as I carried the sleeping beauty to my room and gently placing him on the bed. "Can't believe he sleeps every time." I placed my hands to my hips, staring at the sleeping figure. "Am I supposed to take that in a good way? God knows with this child." 

Suddenly, I saw a tear clumped in the corner of his eye. He seemed like he was scared, like whatever he's dreaming about is about to come and bite him. "What on earth are you dreaming about?" I wondered as I wiped the tear off of his cheek when I saw it roll out of its earlier position.

My eyes snapped open, 'Shit.' I cursed myself, retracting my hand from his face. 'What the hell am I doing?' 

A familiar song played, signalling someone trying to contact me through a call I receive in my phone. Lazily, I picked up my device from the bedside table, checking the contact ID before I actually answer the call. 

"Great." I sighed. "Just the person I wanted to talk to." 

With that, I pressed the green 'receive call' option to start the particular conversation. "What the hell do you want?" I huffed through the speaker, annoyed at how persistent this man is. 

"Are you going to kill him or not?" he asked, totally ignoring my previous question. He's the type of person to answer a question with a question. Like a certain doll I know. 

I sighed, "Can you not rush?" I grumbled, scratching the back of my neck. "I'm gonna do it, okay? Be patient, you bastard." 

"Young man, that is not how you talk to your father." he scolded, hearing from his voice I knew his arms were already crossed. 

"Maybe you should calm down." I suggested. "I want to play more. Let me have my fun, you damn old man." 

"Karma, do you want me to give you a deadline?" he challenged. 

I scrunched my eyebrows, "Can you leave me the fuck alone?" I demanded, getting more annoyed by the second. "I'm not your puppet. Maybe Gakushuu is, but not me." 

"You're the one who wanted to take this task." he reminded. "I wanted to give it to your brother but, you volunteered to do it." 

"Please don't remind me of the fact that we're brothers." I slapped my forehead. "It disgusts me that people confuse us all the time. How am I related to that moron anyway?" 

"Stop talking like that about Gakushuu." he snapped. "You two are blood related, him and Nagisa aren't and yet, he seems more friendlier to him than to you." 

"Excuse me, who was the one who wanted him to 'adopt' Nagisa in the first place?" I groaned, dissatisfied with his past decision. 

"That was because his father was--" 

"Killed by yours truly." I continued his line, refusing him to continue it himself. "I was only 8 and you made me kill a professional assassin. What if I died back then?" 

"I sent you precisely because I knew you wouldn't die."

I sighed, "Because of that, your wife left you. Because of you, mom's gone and I can't do anything but blame this brat." I remembered. "But then, you re-married Nagisa's mom. What a weird man you are."