Ch. 39

JOSLYN MEYERS

I smiled as I stepped out of my car, still in my white cap and gown from graduation.

There were so many laughs, tears, and joys.

I enjoyed every last minute with the people that I grew up with since basically middle school, some high school. It was really sad to think that I'd probably not see some of people again, but it's life. We are taking that stepping stone to our future.

Today, even though it was graduation, grandma and grandpa were leaving. Their flight leaves at 6:13 PM, and we were just getting back from the high school at 5.

Our ceremony started at 3 and ended at 4:15. We just ended up staying longer because of pictures with friends.

Literally grandma and grandpa were picking their bags up and getting back into the car. They packed before we left for the ceremony.

So today was a very, very bittersweet day.

I was back to living by myself, and let me tell you how much I was gonna miss their presence.

I unhooked my gown, exposing my red sun dress, and took off my cap, while riding my straight hair in the process.

I stayed out by the car, that they rented if you were wondering, waiting for them to come back downstairs.

I enjoyed the sun that lingered on this beautiful day, and sighed.

It still was hitting me that I was done.

I passed, and I'm done.

What would I do in the summer that'd be leading me to college? Yet, I still don't know what college I wanted to attend.

Grandma sort of helped me. She didnt help me finalize to a decision but she gave me some tips on how to make that decision on my own.

So here, I was still deciding.

"Okay, baby girl. We are all packed and ready to go." Grandma says.

I smile, and grab her suitcase for her and putting it in the trunk, while Grandpa made room for it.

I turned on my heel and gave him a hug. "Bye Grandpa. Thanks for coming."

He was the type who didn't really love affection, but when it came to me and his wife, he had no problem showing it.

He kissed my forehead, still hugging me tightly, "You're welcome. I'm very proud of you, bug. Very. You be good out here, okay? And give us a call whenever you'd like."

"I will."

He smiled and patted me on my shoulder, letting me get to grandma.

I went into her arms like a bulldozer making her laugh.

Tears started forming in my eyes as she swayed me back and forth in the hug. "You be good pretty lady. I love you."

I sobbed, "I love you too. I'm gonna miss you guys."

And I was.