Chapter 2: A Good Look at You

I woke up on a Monday morning, not even having the energy to get up. It was currently 7am. It usually takes me 2 hours to get dressed and all, but I can make it quick. Promise.

Getting up from bed, my dog perked up from under my blankets. I laughed silently and got up completely to go to the bathroom to shower, brush my teeth, and groom my hair. After all of that was done, I went into my closet and explored through the clothing hanging up on their hangers. I sure do shop a lot, and I still do.

I had my towel wrapped around my body now and my dog came running in here barking. It took me a minute to realize that someone was knocking on my door. "Can you please wait?!" I yelled from my room. It was probably Kai. He's impatient in the mornings. I had finally found something to wear after a few moments of searching. I don't want to seem like a slut or anything, but I do wear short shorts. It will be pretty hot outside this afternoon. I slipped on the black shorties and my usual button up white shirt that lengths right at my waist band and also the black vest I have to wear for work that had my name badge on it. Then, I put on a pair of my favorite thigh high socks that length to my lower thigh, one inch above my knee, and Jordans.

I started to run to the front door and finally opening it. It was definitely Kai. "Took you long enough!" He fussed.

"Whatever. I had to get dressed." I smiled and grabbed the motorcycle key from him.

"Yeah yeah. I'm headed to work now. See ya later." Kai smiled his usual bright smile and left my sight. I closed the door and went back to my bedroom again to finish my morning routine. Eyeshadow and eyeliner was mandatory for me. Honestly speaking, I do look really good without makeup, but I just love putting on eye make up for some reason.

I left my hair the way it is, not bothering to curl it. I just decided to leave it straight.

Gathering my cell phone, keys, helmet, and feeding my dog, I left my apartment and made my way to my wonderful vehicle.

••••••

"Ruki, you're a minute late." Uruha smirked at me once I made my entrance into the empty restaurant. I rolled my eyes and flipped the closed sign to where it said open and faced it to the window.

"Yeah, shut up, would ya?" I sassed and checked in. I then made my way back to the main room of the restaurant.

Customers soon started to pile in after a while. I felt extremely exhausted having to walk back and forth, serve more than one person at a time, having to show my best kind attitude towards my customers. Most of the time, customers would give me a bad attitude because of the way I look, how nice I was, and if I accidentally do something wrong. I remember one time, I carried a trayfull of food for a mini party and I nearly dropped the tray. It was the most embarrassing mistake I've done in my life. The guy that ran the party started yelling at me, calling me a clumsy bitch. I was hurt...very hurt. So, I made a complaint to my boss and he handled the situation at least. When it comes to the employees here, the boss sticks by our sides.

Anyways, my shift felt longer than usual. I've served 7 customers in the past 2 hours. They did give me tips though. However 3 out of the 7 gave me tips. The other 4 didn't.

I decided to take a 30 minute lunch break. Uruha worked behind the bar counter. During the night, guys would start piling up here to watch the latest football, soccer, or basketball game and drink alcohol.

I went towards the bar counter and sat down where Uruha was. "Ugh...Im exhausted, Uruha." I frowned with a groan. Uruha chuckled and pat my head gently.

"Take a few days off, Mr. Biker dude." I smiled when he called me that. He's always been silly with names.

"I had the weekend off. I did sleep, but you kno--"