Sorry

When I wake up, yesterday's events come flooding back to me. I don't want to get out of bed like at all because I really don't want to talk about it. Yeah I know at some point we have to talk about it, but I just don't feel like today's that day. I get up and get dressed in a flannel and shorts and I decide to leave my hair down for the day.

Something must be wrong with me because I didn't go on my morning run like I always do but I did have my target practice.

I had just finished my first round when I heard grumbling. I guess I'm not used to the family being together just yet so I do what any hunter would do. I load my gun up and investigate the noise.
As I was walking and checking in every door I was on high alert so I guess Dean picked the wrong time to tap on my shoulder. I quickly turn around and flip him, he falls to the floor in pain. I realize it's him and reach my hand out to help him up.

"Sorry about that" I mumble looking down at the floor.
"Jeez when did you learn how to do that?" Dean asks getting up.
"About a year ago...had to kinda survive on my own you know-never mind" I shrug then say.
"Oh I'm sorry, did I wake you up? I'm just not used to having people in the bunker" I say before Dean can force me to tell him what I was going to say.
"Oh that's okay, sorry if I scared you" Dean says running his hand through his hair.
"Well...um I'm going to get in the shower I'll see you in a bit okay?" Dean asks and ruffles my hair a bit before he walks away.
"Right yeah, okay" I shrug then walk off to find my phone.

When I got to my phone I saw that Charlie had texted me saying there was another vamps nest near by only around 5 vamps or so. I decide to leave the boys a note telling them where I'm at.

"Vamps nest near by, going to clear it out, be back soon. - Sage"

I shrug, hey it was simple and straight to the point. I load up and get into baby and take off.

----At the vamps nest------

I've killed like 3 of those things so far and I guess I was just caught off guard but a vamp knocked me out. I wake up tied to a chair. I wonder how long I've been out for but I don't think it's been more than 10 minutes. I notice blood around my hands and a shooting pain going through my arm. I check my chair and see how tight I'm tied to it. It's not tight at all so I could break free which I did and just in time to because both of the vamps walk back in and I got the surprise attack on them and kill them. I then load back up and go to the bunker.

Deans P.O.V

Sam had finally woken up but it was before I got out of the shower. I just walked out of the bathroom when Sam yells at me.

"Dean! Sage is gone!" Sammy yells and I run as fast as I could to get to the table where Sam was.
"What do you mean she's gone?" I yell, seriously I just got back.
"She's not in any of the rooms" Sam sighs. Just then my phone rings and I pick it up immediately.

"Sage?!" I say into the phone.
"Um no it's Charlie...wait Sage isn't back yet?" Charlie asks.
"Um no...where did she go?" I ask worriedly and look up at Sam.
"To clear a vamps nest" Charlie says and my anger builds up.
"You let her go alone! Charlie what is wrong with you?!" I yell and Sam starts pacing the floor.
"Dean I don't know if she's told you yet, but she's the best hunter out there now. She took out 20 vamps by herself two months ago" Charlie says calming me down.
"Yeah okay, I'll take her up on that, bye Charlie" I say, hearing baby pull into the drive way, and hang up the phone.

Sage's P.O.V

I walk into the bunker with the boys staring at me. I'm guessing they didn't get the note. I sigh and walk down the stairs. I only got to last step when my arms starts hurting and I wince in pain.

"Sage are you okay?!" Sam asks running to me and looking at my bleeding arm.
"Sammy calm down it's not that bad. I've had way worse" I shrug and sit down. Dean comes and sits down right beside of me then Sam dose the same, but on the other side and I shrink into my seat.

"Tell us" Dean says with pleading eyes.
"Tell you what?" I ask, confused.
"Worlds best hunter huh?" Dean asks and I shrug.
"You both were gone so I started hunting...a lot." I say playing with my bloody fingers.
"Sage I'm so sorry" Sam speaks up but it's barely a whisper.
"Don't be Sam, if one thing being alone with myself has taught me, it's that I deserved you leaving me" I say getting up.
"Sage you didn't deserve that" Dean says pulling me back down and I snap.
"If you saw me before 2 days ago you would run and never come back but guess what I can't run away, Dean sometimes I thought I was more of a monster than what I hunt!" I yell and sigh then mumble a small "sorry".

"Come on let's get you cleaned up" Sam sighs and picks me up bridal style and I let him. I know he feels really bad, I do, and I know Dean feels sorry too. But that's the thing I hate people feeling sorry for me.

Sam finishes cleaning up my arm and gives me a small smile and looks down at my arm.
"I'm sorry Sammy" I sigh and cup his cheek.
"Don't be sorry" Sam says looking into my brown eyes.
"Hey I'm going to hit the hay, how about tomorrow you teach me and Dean to do the flip thingy" Sam yawns and I nod then he gets up and walks to his room.
I get up and go to Deans room and he's listening to music with his eyes closed. So I walk in and slowly lay down on the bed. I snuggle into him like I used to after a bad hunt because it always made me feel better. Deans eyes slowly shift open and he smiles and he takes out his music.

"I'm so sorry Dean, I tried but I guess that's all you can do for this world and it spits it back in your face" I whisper and Dean starts playing with my hair.
"I know princess, it's going to be okay" Dean whispers and closes his eyes.
"Dean" I whisper then look up to see he's sleeping and I sigh.
"I miss the way things used to be, so simple but I guess that's the life of a hunter. Dean I know you can't hear me but I need to get this off of my chest. This year has been the worst year of my life and I've been having these nightmares about me, you, and dad but I don't know what they mean and I-I'm scared." I whisper and tears start falling.

Dean shifts closer to me and I go to sleep.

Heh guys I hope you like this chapter! I've kind of had writers block for a bit but now I'm back! Stay AWSOME! 💙 also the picture at the top is what sage was wearing. Always keep fighting ❤️