Chapter One

"Come on, you can't leave now! It's your 18th birthday" My best friend, Megan told me. You may know her as MeghanRossette from YouTube.

"No I really have to go, it's nearly one a.m. Thanks for the party though, it was awesome!" I told her, giving her a quick hug then hugging the rest of the girls. Which consisted of Claudia (BeyondBeautyStar), Lauren (Lauren Elizabeth), and Allie (GlassSlipperBeauty). All from YouTube. There were other YouTubers and friends of mine there but I was closest to these girls.

My legs moved quickly as I exited the house and crossed the street.

Okay, so I know these girls because I, myself, am a YouTuber. A Beaty Guru to be specific. I've had my channel, TrinityParker95, for three years now. I reached 3.5 million subscribers the other day which made my entire life. Right now I'm in L.A. for Vidcon which is this weekend and I'm staying at the 5 Stars, a.k.a. the best hotel ever. I'm from Chicago and I've lived there for all my 18 years of life.

Speaking of which, today's my birthday. August 3rd. My friends threw me a birthday party a day before my birthday because I am going to be crazy busy today.

I'm staying in California for two weeks for a birthday gift I guess you can say and it's my second day here. I got here yesterday, well, now two days ago considering the time. Okay. Lets rephrase that: I landed in L.A.X two days ago, which was Monday.

In four weeks, I start university. The thought is so nerve wrecking but I have to keep myself calm, right? I'll be attending Loyola University which is a pretty big deal to me because going there has been my goal since I was a child.

As I sit in the front of the wheel of the car I rented for time being, I take a deep breath. The engine roars alive after putting the key in the ignition and I begin to drive back to the hotel. While driving back I silently sing to "Born To Die" by Lana Del Rey. I kept it on replay because it's my favourite song at the moment.

When I arrive to the hotel, I feel my eyes start to grow heavy from exhaustion and I push past the huge crowd of people in front of the hotel. The hotel was meant for only famous people so it made sense as to why there was a crowd outside. Every hotel room was like a floor or two.

I mentally debate on taking the elevator or stairs but quickly choose stairs because I hate elevators. I dart up the stairs to the 29th floor. It wasn't very hard because I'm use to it. I was in track all high school. Once I reached the top, I sat down to take a break and end up almost sleeping.

What time is it? I quickly look at my phone and saw its 2:00 a.m. Shit, I have a meeting tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. and I still need time to actually wake up, get ready and drive to the damned place.

My eyes widen at my white iPhone. I quickly get on me feet and grab my hotel key out from my bag and reach the door to my room with a label that says "Room 29.56C" I jam the card key in the door handle and swing the door open and sigh in relief.

Walking to the kitchen and grabbing a water bottle, I hear a noise. My first instinct is to grab the largest knife here. So I put my bottled water down after taking a big gulp and grab the biggest knife that was thick and sharp. But when I hear the sound again I realise that it's just the wind so I put the knife back down and head to my bedroom.

When I opened the door to the master bedroom in the suit, that seemed more like a flat than a hotel room, I instantly started to freak out. Two people, a male and female, were sleeping and by the looks of it they were both naked underneath because there was articles of clothing thrown around the room. One of them looked familiar but I didn't let my brain try to register who it was before I ran out of the room, slamming the door shut in the process. Still wearing the dress I wore to the party with my high heels connected to my feet, I started to look around the hotel room to see if it wasn't mine or if maybe I was going crazy.