Chapter One

I remember the day like it was yesterday. I had my head leaned against the bus window as we drove through some neighbor hood. It wasn't mine, mine was on a back road. My phone went off, very loudly, but it was a text message from my mom. I won't be home when you get off the bus. Daddy will be there. I roll my eyes, he's not my dad. He's my step dad. I don't answer her, I just set my phone in my lunch box. The bus rolls up toward my house. I stand up and walk out.
"Have a good day." The bus driver smiles as I leave.
"You too." I walk up to the house slowly, taking out my phone and typing my password, and opening Twitter.
Shane Dawson: New Vid!! **DEATHS AT DISNEYLAND** RT ? :)

 I smile and walk inside, straight to my room, to watch the new video

I smile and walk inside, straight to my room, to watch the new video. About 2 minutes of laughing at Shane, and then actually thinking about some of the deaths, my mom comes home. She goes into her room, where my stepdad is probably laying.
"She came home and yelled at me!" My stepdad tells my mom. I roll my eyes and keep watching the video.
"I didn't." I whisper, and watch another one of Shane's videos.
It was moments like this that I had known my dad was with me. Even though he had died before I was born, I had sometimes felt him. Like when something bad was about to happen, I could feel tingling on my cheek. Like he was kissing it, or maybe touching it.
"I'm going to Anna and Williams house!" I yell and pass my sister on the way out. Anna and William were our neighbors. They were probably in their fifties, they had known what was happening, my dads death, my stepdad making up a lie about me, my mom believing him.
"We have to call a social worker." Anna would say every time.
"It's fine." I would reply, with a smile, then should would shrug and bring me a piece of a cake or something.
"That's it." William said that day, "I'm calling someone." He then left the room and I didn't try to stop him.
"Come here." I whisper to their dog, Buddy. He quickly ran to me and say in my lap.
"They'll be here in a few minutes."
• • •
• • •
• • •
But that was 14 months ago. Today, I sat in the backseat of my new foster parents car, they had just picked me up from the social workers office. They were the only foster family with a open spot. Apparently I annoyed the other one to much. And they seemed nice enough. I was a woman named Cathy. We drove by places where I remembered hearing stories about my dad Doing something there. My mom never told me them, my grandparents did. Like him playing baseball at the field by the small church. Stuff like that.
"So Noelle ," Cathy smiled at me through the mirror, "are you excited to meet your new siblings?" I smile at her attempt at small talk.
"I guess." I lean against the window, with my suitcase in my lap. It only had a few things unit. My phone charger and my laptop charger, then my clothes. 6 jeans, 13 shirts, 2 belts, 4 tank tops, and 3 shoes. Then, in the front pocket, my hairbrush toothbrush and some lanyards with things from like school clubs that we needed a pass for or something. Then, in a box in the back, I had a tøp poster, with some books and Polaroid pictures/camera, and homeschooling stuff. When you move a lot, it's just easier I guess.
Cathy continues to talk about my new foster siblings. Maddie, Carter, Sadie, and Eli. Apparently Maddie was on a cheer team, Carter was kind of a computer nerd, Sadie was a book nerd, and Eli was like really Tumblr from the way she described him.
Then I started wondering. How would someone describe me. I got lost in my thoughts until we pulled into the drive way.
"Let me get the stuff from the back." Cathy offers and I nod, stepping out of the car and Up the walk way to the house, I was immediately greeted with arguing between a boy and a girl.
"Give it back!" The girl yelled at the boy, "Eli, it's mine!" So that boy was Eli. 
"Maddie, 5 more minutes I swear!" So the girl was Maddie.
"You've had it for an hour!" Maddie yelled in reply, grabbing, what I can now see, is a camera.
"I need it for my video class!" Eli protested.
"I need it to film my Cheer video!" The other girl, Sadie I guess, walked through and almost immediately made eye contact with me.
"Guys knock it off." Sadie said immediately, and they stopped, so they did listen to her. "Hey I'm Sadie." She greeted, "I'm 15. That's Maddie." She motioned to the red head who was now rolling her eyes, "She's 13. That's Eli, he's 13. And Carter is 10 but he's upstairs."
"Hi, I'm Noelle, I'm 14." I say with a smile.
"Here I'll take you to your room." She starts to walk to a staircase, and I pick up my suitcase then quickly follow her up the stairs and down a long hall way, then to a open door. "Here you go." She says. "You can put your stuff down, Cathy will bring the rest. And I'll give to a tour." I set my suitcase down on the white twin sized bed and follow her out. "My room is right across the hall," Sadie points to a decorated door, "then Maddie's room is next to mine, Carters is next to yours, Eli's is next to Maddie's, then Cathy's is next to Carter." She says in one breath. "The bathroom is down here." She walks down the hallway and there is one door. "The kitchen and living room are downstairs. But you'll see it if you ever go down there. Ok you can go do whatever, I'll be in my room if you need me." She smiles then walks off, leaving me alone at the stairs. I walk to my room, and see that Cathy left the box at the foot of the bed. I set my suitcase next to it and fall on to the bed. Then drift into sleep.