iii

THE DARKER SIDE OF HER, Dia, was able to take the nightmarish memories the scientists gave her and turn them into a reality. The scientists had apparently thought that she would need to know how to blow off the side of a building. Their mistake had caused Dia to escape and now she was headed straight for her mother.

     She was slowed down slightly because of the gases that were floating around her. She attempted to cover her mouth and nose, but the gas was already inside her. She didn't know what it was, but she had to get away. If she died, she didn't want to  work. Naomi convinced Dia that they should just approach her and ask her why. Why she had done what she did. Why she had lied.

     It would be slightly difficult to get to their mother. If she still lived in the same house, it would take approximately two days to arrive. Dia was able to steal a car, much to Naomi's disappointed. She couldn't disagree, though. It would be much quicker traveling on wheels.

     Electoro Industries attempted to slow them down. They sent nearly half of their evacuation crew to bring the girl back, but it was impossible to stop Dia from her quest. She would find her mother, and she would get her answers.    

     On the second day of their travel, the agents caught up with them. They tried to restrain her but she was able to fight them off. It surprised her how she was able to fight off the ten full grown men, but that wasn't her top priority at the moment. She had to get away from them.

     She raced off, zigzagging between pedestrians. A quick glance behind her showed that a few had taken off after her. She had to lose them. If they caught her, she may never be able to escape them again. She was so close to getting to her mother's house, just a few more hours. be in the hand of the men chasing her.

     She was going to get her mother, but she wasn't planning on killing her, that would be too much