Chapter 3

LYCATHION

CHAPTER 3:

I woke up with my body covered in sweat. Images from my nightmare flashed on my mind and I wince just as a string of pain followed after. I push my legs through the covers and throw it off wincing as a sharp pain went through my arm.

Why on earth do I feel so terrible all of a sudden? Surely it's not that. I remember reading about going through such things yesterday, but it can't all be so sudden like this.

I looked down at my neck and saw red marks almost looking like a bruise starting from my collar bone down to the back of my arm.

Sitting up from the shock I gasp loud and wince again as a sharp pain went up through my left leg. It was the same result for my leg, there were strange bruises starting up from my ankle all the way up to my knee were it was mostly darker and looked like it was about to swell.

None of this was mentioned.

It took me a long while until I managed to get down all by myself.

My brothers and everyone looked up as I entered the kitchen. Their eyes went wide once they fell on the bruises.

"Guys, why do I have bruises all over me?" I ask, my throat tight with every word.

Dad walks in and stops mid track as he takes me in.

"What on earth." He snaps, his eyes growing dark as it falls on the bruise on my arm.

Yeah, it was that bad.

"It's happening to her isn't it?" Xavier says, speaking directly to dad.

What is?

He looked down and rubbed his face with his hands, blowing out a tired sigh. "I suppose she is. We're still not sure so we will not rush into anything. Cynthia, could you make sure she eats her breakfast, and give her a painkiller. Call James if anything happens." My mother was already in and by my side, rubbing my shoulder gently in comfort as she moved me to my room.

~ - ~

The pain continued to grow worse through the entire day. It was evening by the time it got to its peak. It felt like a burning heat was coursing through my body. The painkillers didn't do much but soothe the pain for only few minutes. Being too exhausted all I could do was sleep through the pain before waking up again as another shot of wave washes over me.

It felt like endless hours until the doctor arrived. He was tall with unruly blonde hair that gathered in curls around his ears wearing a dark coat.

He crouched in front of me before placing his cold palm on top of my forehead. I winced in pain at his touch that felt hard against my skin. I didn't even have the strength to move or question him as he injects 3 blue vials of liquid into my arm.

I didn't realize I fell asleep until my eyes opened slowly to the glowing light of the fire that crackled in the fireplace. Staring at the dancing flames I blow a tired sigh and wrapped the soft blanked tightly against me.

I didn't understand why I was in the living room lying on the couch but I discard the thought once I felt something wet on my forehead. Finding it to be a damp cloth, I move it away and put it aside.

Being exhausted as I was, I stayed like that for a while, bathing in the silence while my body throbbed and ached.

I shuffle in my position and crane my neck sideway to look towards the door once I heard the squeak of the door knob turning.

Xavier walks in looking tired and exhausted as I am. Walking towards me he sits down on the couch near my legs and pulled his head back to rest against the sofa. He breathes heavily and his nose and furrows his brows in frustration.