Chapter 12

LYCATHION

Chapter 12:

Before I opened my eyes, I found myself listening onto the usual familiar conversation of my floor mates. This times, it was about someone from the first years gaining their ability, the gift to control air.

I groaned and squinted at the bright light shining through my small window and rolled out of bed not so gracefully. My muscles twitched and complained due to past workouts and training I’ve been doing.

I got myself changed and ready, giving myself an approving smile as the old bruises started to fade away quite quickly. 

Instead of meeting Jaden, I walked myself into the cafeteria ignoring the usual glances of the people around. I had to fight the urge to bite my lips in frustration as I saw the crowd of teachers filling up for breakfast on the top floor. 

Especially him, who stood close to the vast window, watching us from above with his hands pushed inside the pockets of his dark sweatpants. 

I got myself a bottle of water with some cereal bar, seating myself on the spot where I sat yesterday. Hunter and Blake didn’t show up this time, neither their group of friends. It must be early training for them as I saw a group of guys jogging and training around the school campus once I woke up and got a chance to glance out the window without revealing my horrid morning-look self.

I pulled out my phone, sticking my headphones in my ear playing one of my playlists to pass the time till training. It was a saturday, where the first years only had an hour and a half of training while the rest went out for several activities.

I would be expecting an email from Anna for the class project. Even when not doing anything for the project yet so far, it was starting to annoy me. 

It was already enough to be worrying over yesterday, and about why I haven’t gotten my gifts yet. I know I have to be patient and realise the fact that not all of my class mates got their gifts revealed to them yet. It takes time.

It takes time.

Gosh, I’m being so rude and unfair.

I sighed and got up, making my way to training. Jaden would have come up already, would have met me in the cafeteria, but for some odd reasons he didn’t show up.

I let myself believe he was with Dean, catching up with his old friend and that I would see him in class.

-

Everything went like yesterday, people ignoring yesterdays event, our trainer Flynn passing us another bottle of Canathrope like he promised he would everyday, and telling us to use the equipments around the gym until Sebastian showed up.

And he did, this time with Jaden along side him, including Dean. I narrowed my eyes at them as they walked in, they ignored my look and moved to the back of the gym. Sebastian didn’t even bother to glance at me at all and went to give stern glares to the rest.

It’s not like I cared, but I didn’t expect him to behave like everyone else. Like nothing happened.

“I’ll be taking over for the next hour and 15 minutes. Everyone get in single files and give me 50 pushup. I may be going easy on you now, but for certain reasons you will be called in over tonight. 

That time, don’t expect any pushup or simple workouts. Start, Now.”

We all did as he said, somehow I manage to be in the front row having to stare at his feet while I tried to continue with the pushups like it wasn’t killing me.