Uncontrollable Power

Wind ran through the air at a neck breaking pace. The force of it slamming into the tree. Sending the tree cracking and flying through the air, landing on the ground with a earth breaking rumble.

I gasped.

What on earth was that?!

But...I hadn't meant to let lose a blast that strong!

Had that really been me?!

And suddenly I could feel it! I was still connected to the air and it was overwhelming me. My air bending had always been strong because of where I'd come from. My people...I stopped the thought short that would only course me more pain but despite that I'd always had control unless when I didn't know how to control the avatar state.

The connection with the air around me had never been this strong before. I could feel it so much more than I ever had. The feeling every breath I took in and out and wind that ruffled my clothes and brushed against my skin felt like it had hightened to a incredible sickening degree.

My panic increased as those feelings were almost overwhelming and uncontrollable. I felt the wind pick up around me in my distress.

What...what was going on?

My logical side told me that the wind was reacting to my emotions but that hardly ever happened and it never reacted this strongly either!

The wind picked up more rabidly, surrounding me. I choked on a shout as I realised the rubble the wind had picked up and branches that had snapped of trees, that was now whiling around in the wind. So fast that I knew they could seriously injure someone if another person was about.

With a cry I fell down to my knees. My mind ached, my body ached. Something inside me twisting and my veins felt alight with energy that was being poured uncontrollable into the roaring wind making it stronger and stronger. I could see to my horror that tree's were almost being ripped from their roots.

The wind was roaring.

The air was cold and stung.

No one could help me.

I didn't know where I was.

At this rate people could get hurt because of me or worse-

"STOP!" I screamed, holding my aching head.

It stopped...

Everything stopped.

Just like that.

I breathed in and out, slowly calming myself down before I stood up. There...was no wind. It had all stopped.

Everything was still and silent.

I shuddered a little in shock and a bit of fear but made myself stay calm.

What...

What had just happened?