Open letter-5

there were days when I would have given anything to see your name pop up on my phone. but after 3 months of nothing from you, no text, no call I removed the heart next to your name.

After scrolling the messages and watching "I love you's" fade to "I wish you well's" I deleted our messages too.

Thousands of pictures of smiles and kisses and adventures and memories were deleted along with everything else and a hole inside me opened up that I knew could only be filled with you.

I cried, I will admit that tears rolled down as my cheeks as I packed your stuff into a box and dropped it on your doorstep after 2 years of sleeping in your t-shirts and the way your cologne smelled on my own.

I'll admit that I choked back tears when someone asked me how you were and my only acceptable response was "I'm not sure" and after days and months of waking up to a message from you and only closing my eyes after proper goodnights had been said, that I did not know how you were.

It cut me open, day after day, that you had walked away with nothing more than "this is no longer right for me" and after a simple "I'm sorry" you turned your back to me and walked away.

I'll admit I was stunned at first, angry, even, because no answer is not the answer anyone is looking for when the person they love leaves them, but sometimes it is all we are given and that is why I thank you.

Open letter to the one who left me {watty's #9}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें