1.

Alicia :

" Emotions make you cry sometimes, emotions make you sad sometimes, emotions make you glad sometimes, but most of all they make you fall in love." Alicia hummming to H-Town Emotions while writing in her journal.

" Alicia it's time to eat" her mom Sarah yelled, she closed her book slipping on her house shoes going down stairs. Her mother is her everything, she's her inspiration. As of her being a single single mother, it takes a lot for her to be there most of the time, especially since her father isn't around. Alicia was told her dad walked out on them when she was two weeks old because she was too "white" to be his child. Even stated he waited to see if she would get her regular color so he left.

It mostly saddens her and she would always wonder what he looked like, what he talked like, or if they would've looked completely alike. Her mother is a white woman and her father was a black man, what did he expect her skin tone to look like?  Without saying that would always be in the back of her mind when she thought of the conversation her and her mother had.
Especially since she's still in high school, growing up she would always be picked on because of her "skin" tone. She was told she couldn't basically hang with people because she was too "white" but in reality she was Black and Tanned too.  She was in between. Everyone is racist to their own kind, she never thought it would be black people being racist towards her.

"What you was up there listening to baby" her mom asked smiling setting her plate in front of her.

" H-town emotions " she said quietly eating her dinner.

"You have so much of your father in you, he was such a old head" her mom said laughing to her self. Deep down she knew it was something her mom wasn't telling her and she missed him. She didn't know him so she didn't feel the same way, she doesn't know how she'll react when she actually see him or ever see him. Alicia did know her father was a Kingpin and in reality he's prolly still is one. She didn't care for those kind of people.

She even had his last name, people made fun of her name , especially her first name. She was told that name was suppose to be for darker people and not her. It never made sense to her regarding that.

" I wish I could say the same momma " She told her truthfully. "wish I had a father like everyone else"

She nodded her head, cutting up her food. Being a senior in high school and still get picked on always make her cry in her sleep. That's what she kept a journal, she always would right poems or anything to keep her mind off of the cruelty. Especially since she only had one friend and she left her.

" Baby, I know, but everything is gonna be okay. Keep writing poetry" Sarah says in deep thought. Ever since Alicia could write she would write in her journal, diary, anything she called it. She would never let her mother peep in it but she would let her read her diary every now and then.

" mommy you remember when you made me take piano lessons I didn't know a thing" Alicia says trying to change the subject. Her mom told her she need her to keep from being in the house so she booked her different lessons, and Piano being her challenging and most upwarding possession, she loved it.

" Look at you now, your a pro" she said hugging her.
Sarah and Alicia finished their dinner. Alicia dreaded upstairs for school the next day. Every night she went to bed, she would sing to her self. One day she recorded herself singing and been singing ever since. She would never sing around her mother because she didn't believe in the aspiring artist and wanted her to go to college but Alicia didn't know what she wanted at the moment. But she had a gut feeling she wanted to sing.
*******